GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have seen them mounted with velcro to the top of the dashboard or the lower corner of the windshield.

I keep it in a pocket if I am wearing something with pockets or pull it out from the left pocket as I am going through a toll booth. I don't ride the tollways much so no need to mount it for me.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Since I only ride the toll roads occasionally I just put the transponder in the pocket of my riding jacket. I've now been through the toll areas many times without a problem. When I'm in the car I just set it on the dashboard of the car and that seems to work also.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I place my transponder under the vent of the windshield, using velcro. I ride with the windshield all the way down. The vent and velcro hold it in there pretty good. In the car, I place it on the dash.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
I was one of the lucky ones that received a greeting from the Great State of Illinoise last summer for violating the toll booths. This violation dated back to Feb 2007!!!!!!! Now, I have been a transponder owner since 2003 and did not understand how they could be saying I violated their system, so I bit the bullet and gave them a call.

Seems I had listed our cars as "automobiles" (which would make sense to me) when they should have been "passenger vehicles" . . . .

I was like . . ."whatttttttt???????"

"No problem sir, I will correct those and then the five tolls missed will be deducted from your account and I will drop the late fees of $20 each!"

Now, how in the world is that system so screwed up? oh yeah, right, silly me, Illinoise . . . . .

Anyway, while on the phone with her, if your account is up to date (money wise) she told me that if your vehicles are registered on the account that you do not even need the transponder!!!! The system would look up the license plate and charge the account for the tolls.

So . . . . . do we really need the transponder on board???? according to her, no.

YMMV

:wrong:

·
Registered
267 Posts
I, unfortunately, live 25 miles from IL and 60 miles from Chicago's loop so an I-pass is a must. I've mounted mine inside the trunk on the upper half at the back. Seems to work just fine there.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Here, we have to have a separate tag for each vehicle and need to put a minimum of $20 in an account to cover each tag. Lucky you, you only need to carry one tag for anything you are driving.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I currently use a JJ IPASS on a ram mount on the left handle bar but think I'm going to try mounting it in the trunk

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
I perpose we all stay out of that flip state.

Nobody down there knows how to drive 65 MPH.

Wait until they make I-94 south eight lanes to the border...........:excited:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts