GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Call for photos (I can't get photos to post). Rich @ 559-901-0092.

The following parts are in excellent condition - trunk lid($300), trunk box($400), rear center fender($85), top shelter($195), Gas cap lid($40), right side cover(with emblem and protector $250).

Lower right side cowl(surface is perfect but paint has a minor blemish from adhesive $100), windshield garnish(shows typical wear $50), right saddlebag w/lid( scratched and chipped $25), various trunk and saddlebag trim.

The saddlebag lower right, lower right rear and lower left are the Honda "spoiler" trim, perfect - $40 each

All parts are in excellent condition except Windshield Garnish(typical road scars), trunk trims and saddlebag left rear lower (scuffs) the lower right cowl has a blemish.

Attachments

·
Registered
752 Posts
Would that be from a 2001 gold wing?

·
Registered
839 Posts
Yep. Last year they offered that color. I have an 01 I triked and have some of those pieces too I should get posted. Also have the swing arm and stock tree.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Yep. Last year they offered that color.

F.Y.I. Pretty sure my 2008 was that color too.
Just wondering, I have an '08 and, the paint code numbers etc. are listed as Caliente Red, not Illusion Red. Are they the same exact color? If so, why would Honda call them Illusion Red in one year and, Caliente Red in another year?
Scott

·
Chard Member
12,686 Posts
Just wondering, I have an '08 and, the paint code numbers etc. are listed as Caliente Red, not Illusion Red. Are they the same exact color? If so, why would Honda call them Illusion Red in one year and, Caliente Red in another year?
Scott
Illusion Red & Caliente Red aren’t close. Very different reds.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Agree on color difference. My trike is 2001 and illusion red. Friend of mine had a red one, caliente red and big difference,

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Illusion Red & Caliente Red aren’t close. Very different reds.
Well,
This is why I asked. He stated his " '08 " was the same color as the OP's parts which, are *Illusion Red". And as stated, my '08 is Caliente Red. Did they make TWO different reds in '08?
Scott

·
Registered
536 Posts
Well,
This is why I asked. He stated his " '08 " was the same color as the OP's parts which, are *Illusion Red". And as stated, my '08 is Caliente Red. Did they make TWO different reds in '08?
Scott
No, someone said their 2008 was "close to" that color, which for the color impaired, it may appear to be, but is not. 2001 and 2002 were "Illusion Red", which depending on the lighting (or lack thereof) can appear almost orange(ish) or very red. Such is the "illusion".
According to the "fact sheet" I have, 2008 had two red colors available.
Hope the owner of the parts can find a home for them. They have been available for quite a while and look to be in great shape. As much as I love spare parts I'm hoping I don't ever need them.

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
I had an '01IR and on a cloudy day as you walked around the bike it took on a rust color but in bright sunlight I got many many compliments on how it sparkled.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
No, someone said their 2008 was "close to" that color, which for the color impaired, it may appear to be, but is not. 2001 and 2002 were "Illusion Red", which depending on the lighting (or lack thereof) can appear almost orange(ish) or very red. Such is the "illusion".
According to the "fact sheet" I have, 2008 had two red colors available.
Hope the owner of the parts can find a home for them. They have been available for quite a while and look to be in great shape. As much as I love spare parts I'm hoping I don't ever need them.
Yeah, I re-read that original answer and it said "close" and I should have re-worded my answer to that one, but, I didn't. Sorry about that. And, I was not aware that Honda offered two different reds in the same year of '08.
Scott

1 - 14 of 14 Posts