GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. So after skeptically reading a million LD Comfort threads and comments, I said to myself, I said "Self, you can afford to try this, why not give it a try?" And so I did. Let me formally apologize to all those whose word I doubted. I really thought I had been had when I saw the turtleneck, and it was 100 degrees out there. LD Comfort gear is not an "OMG, it's a miracle" kind of experience. However, it is definitely cooler than the UA stuff I have been using. But the big difference is in comfort. You stay dry............all the time. That makes a heck of a difference. I just ordered a second set, a helmet liner for me and my wife, and two sets for her as well. I am now a believer.:bow:

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
OK. So after skeptically reading a million LD Comfort threads and comments, I said to myself, I said "Self, you can afford to try this, why not give it a try?" And so I did. Let me formally apologize to all those whose word I doubted. I really thought I had been had when I saw the turtleneck, and it was 100 degrees out there. LD Comfort gear is not an "OMG, it's a miracle" kind of experience. However, it is definitely cooler than the UA stuff I have been using. But the big difference is in comfort. You stay dry............all the time. That makes a heck of a difference. I just ordered a second set, a helmet liner for me and my wife, and two sets for her as well. I am now a believer.:bow:
Thank for the report, while LDC isn't perfect it is better than any other gear by an order of magnitude. In time some half bubble off plumb LD rider like Cdog will perfect an active cooling system that works with minimum hassle and space requirements but until that happens LDC is the best available.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I bought a pair of the shorts recently on Bubba1's recommendation since we both reside in the HOT southwest and I too am happy with the results. Like the OP, it's not an OMG experience, but much better than monkey butt. $44 well spent!

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I think it really pays off big on the longer rides. For short trips, the difference may not be as great, but over a long hot day, the difference in comfort really shows. One of the best buys I've made for riding.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
It really is a VERY good product!

Bubba, I hope they sent you a couple of free sets for all the folks you have sent their way.......

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
It really is a VERY good product!

Bubba, I hope they sent you a couple of free sets for all the folks you have sent their way.......
Yes it is a very good product. The second part ain't gonna happen :).

I just hate to see people riding around uncomfortable when they don't need to be. Been there, done that, spent a ton of money on worthless crap, no need for everyone else to do the same.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Be sure to check out their Warehouse Sale items in case you are smaller or larger than average. http://ldcomfort.com/store/?cat=8

I got an oversized (3XL and 4XL are available) long sleeved top for $30 (reg. $56) and will just run a sewing machine up the side seams to fit. (Maybe there will be enough material left over to make a helmet liner!?!?!)

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
Anyone wear the LD under levis and leather chaps?

·
Banned
1,247 Posts
Were are you guys doing all this riding? Here in the hot midwest I don't see anyone outside when it is this hot much less anyone riding there bikes for long distances.
I ride about 300 miles a weekend, 2.5 hours one day and another 2.5 hours the next, and I don't see to many people out riding or doing anything outside.

I wish I had time to ride a lot more then I might give something like this a try, but the way it is now I don't need anything else sitting next to my low mileage wing! 2006 - 66,000 easy miles!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Thank for the report, while LDC isn't perfect it is better than any other gear by an order of magnitude. In time some half bubble off plumb LD rider like Cdog will perfect an active cooling system that works with minimum hassle and space requirements but until that happens LDC is the best available.
i "Lean" to PORT nowadays!
the Veskimo Vest/Cooler unit has been proving itself quite nicely with my current rig.
i have just changed out the pump unit for a different size capacity in flow rates and its making a difference in longevity. the bilge pump ran way too much in the flow rates. the second used a medical setup that worked favorably, butt this new pump is even better.
even at 80 degree after 3 hours at the end of a ride i could still feel some cooling. and since it was in the high 90's with 90% humidity and dew points at 77 i could still feel the benefits

the backpack version would be a nice alternative if it wouldn't interfere with a backrest if one chooses to wear it as designed.
i can see advantages wearing it while cutting grass/yard work also!

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
Anyone wear the LD under levis and leather chaps?
I just got a pair and rode with them under my Draggin jeans. They worked great! Best investment ever! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Were are you guys doing all this riding? Here in the hot midwest I don't see anyone outside when it is this hot much less anyone riding there bikes for long distances.
I ride about 300 miles a weekend, 2.5 hours one day and another 2.5 hours the next, and I don't see to many people out riding or doing anything outside.

!
I ride in Texas. It's hot, but most folks I know are still riding. I see guys riding to work daily, although I can't do that. Weekends here the roads are full of bikes. Will be headed to NC next month.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I don't post all that much on the board but do read a lot every day. After reading all about the LD's and knowing I had a 3400 mile trip coming I ordered a pair. I also got some Under Armour and Wickers to try them all. The LD's are very good but I'm not real excited about the length of them on the legs. I really enjoyed the U/A wicking drawers for sure. I left Okla in 100 degree days and 9 day's later came back to 108 degree days. Would I say buy these drawers, yep, but I would also look into the U/A wicking drawers too, they aren't as expensive. I mainly used them on the days that we rode over 400 miles which was four of them in the 9 days.
Just like every one else, this is just my opinion and others may vary.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts