GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not going to be riding for months. I tore the ACL in my left knee last week while hunting in Montana and with winter coming I probably won't get to ride again until spring.

I thought I was taking it well until morning. I was reading the Off Topic Board, I usually find it to be hilarious, but not this morning. I actually caught myself responding to one of the posts. I deleted it of course, my hypocrisy does have it's bounds.

Later, after I went to the doctor's office I stopped at an accessory shop. I figured some new stuff for the bike might give me a better outlook. I bought me a Kennedy Cell Set. I'm feeling much better now.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
OK you got hurt, but did you get an Elk???

Sorry to hear about your Anterior Cruciate Ligament. Been there and have had both done.

:( :(

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No elk, I didn't have a tag for one.

I got the deer on the right, the deer on the left got me when I was dragging him out of a coulee.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Sorry to hear about your knee. Nice deer! I guess you'll just have to order more hocks, and come and get them. If your off work, you know where I am. :D

·
Gold Member
1,425 Posts
I am so sorry.

Now, I don't want to worry you here, but I've never heard of an onset of PMS starting this early. I don't think I or anyone else on the board can predict the out come of this scenario.

Do you have a small room that you don't use often or for anything else important? And maybe access to some old mattresses?

Bradford

·
Registered
327 Posts
Concentrate on getting better, in no time spring will be here and you'll be back in the saddle again.

Take advantage of the off season to mod your bike...least you got the time and come spring you have the "new" Wing prep for the road.

Good luck, stay safe.. :biker:

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Nice Rack. Well if you are going to be layed up for a while and can't ride, then you can't buy gas, so you need some relief.
I would hope you will pick up the good book and read pages 314 to 328 of the Cabela's Christmas catalog and get to stuffing and smoking.
Please let me know when to send you my address as I am and expert in the tasting of God's furry creatures. :D :D :D

·
Registered
792 Posts
If you think you have it bad now, wait till you wife or SO gets it from you,then and only then you can say you have it.

Maybe it's a good thing you won't be riding till spring, the knee will be ready by then and so will you. Do all your P.T. the way they tell you and time will crawl be faster than a speeding snail. Get well but don't force it to hard.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Captain said:
Sorry to hear about your knee. Nice deer! I guess you'll just have to order more hocks, and come and get them. If your off work, you know where I am. :D
I'm still working, I can sit at my desk just fine.

Are you going to be at your place Thursday around 4 or 5?

·
Registered
234 Posts
aht_six said:
Are you going to be at your place Thursday around 4 or 5?
No I wont be there Thursday, Helping Jerry pick up his bike from the dealer. He had the tappered bearings put in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts