GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
. . . most here got the email from WingStuff regarding the new Heated Mustang seat for the 2018+ Wings? Looks nice enough.

·
IronMan
17,625 Posts
ASSUME = ASS U ME ! :wink2::laugh::laugh: COULDNT RESIST !>:)

Reactions: Art H. and Tex-Ed

·
Registered
19,227 Posts
They do look great. Especially the rear seat with arm rests

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Doesn't look like they have figured out the wiring issue. Too bad.:serious:
It's only bad for tour owners. Those of us with B models REQUIRE seat controls if we want to upgrade to heat. And this is the first one that I've actually considered.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The backrest looks like a wheelchair. Everyone has different tastes, maybe the function is well worth the form.

Different tastes????:laugh::laugh::laugh: IMO, that just might be the ugliest rear seating position Ive ever seen on any motorcycle anywhere. Those arm rests look like poorly repurposed medical braces, made to support a bedpan patient that keeps falling over before completing a bowel movement. :crying: Who would be caught dead with that on their bike but a blind person?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Different tastes????:laugh::laugh::laugh: IMO, that just might be the ugliest rear seating position Ive ever seen on any motorcycle anywhere. Those arm rests look like poorly repurposed medical braces, made to support a bedpan patient that keeps falling over before completing a bowel movement. :crying: Who would be caught dead with that on their bike but a blind person?
Lol. Im not one of those willing to sacrifice that much for purpose. I was trying to play nice and not take anyones participation trophy. Seems I have been on the attack list so Im treading lightly.

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
Why can't manufacturers figure that stuff out? Same with the Corbin on my RT. I have a control at my fingertips. Why do I want to drop my hand from the bars and flip some switch?
Corbin has the Tour seat figured out. It uses factory wiring and controls.:smile2:

·
Registered
8,729 Posts

You probably should be nicer and tone it down a notch.
This Forum is to share ideas and technical help.:smile2:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Do you have a special interest with this company, or is this really something you would buy and proudly install on an 1833? I was among several fiends that laughed hysterically when I showed them the proverbial "hospital toilet seat" pic. With that in mind, perhaps my post just saved a few 1833 owners some costly embarrassment they might otherwise have not been privy to. Think of it as an episode of "what not to wear", but for the 1833. So I have shared valuable opinions from myself and several others, and hope it will help. If in the end, people buy 1 or 1000 of these, I will wish them the very best and hope they provide the most comfortable pillion rest ever made. Ridding with eyes forward, they might not notice the pointing fingers, laughs and smirks from others.:wink2:

·
Registered
130 Posts

I think he shared a fantastic idea.

So we’re not allowed to have opinions about hideous looking products here?

It looks like a high-chair for a toddler. Maybe someone could make a tray that snaps across it with indentions for a Cheerios bowl and a sippy-cup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
Do you have a special interest with this company, or is this really something you would buy and proudly install on an 1833? I was among several fiends that laughed hysterically when I showed them the proverbial "hospital toilet seat" pic. With that in mind, perhaps my post just saved a few 1833 owners some costly embarrassment they might otherwise have not been privy to. Think of it as an episode of "what not to wear", but for the 1833. So I have shared valuable opinions from myself and several others, and hope it will help. If in the end, people buy 1 or 1000 of these, I will wish them the very best and hope they provide the most comfortable pillion rest ever made. Ridding with eyes forward, they might not notice the pointing fingers, laughs and smirks from others.:wink2:

When somebody asks for an opinion about a product that I don't like, I just say "its not for me". :smile2:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts