GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, :p

It's only been a couple months, but I sure missed you all. I took some time away to get my shop done and then I got slammed with business (which helps me support my habits).

I like the new board format and am glad no one else got my handle before I got back.

I haven't ridden the bike since the Chiliburger run in October, except for the Olympia Toy Run (6500 bikes in Decemberrrr). I finally got “yellow spot” to overheat, but not boil over, during the run. Shifting to second and coasting wherever possible cooled her right down. I guess I’ll make that appointment for the new ECM soon.

My little ride (1,114 miles) to Horseshoe Bend, Idaho for a Chiliburger, and back, earned my official membership to the Dark Side. I got my e-mail from Michael Kneebone and should get my new license plate backer soon. Now I’m thinking I need to run the Trans-Canada this year with IB-Mike and the MTF guys.

I got a couple e-mails about gluing the front fender extension on recently. If anyone still needs questions answered, I’ll be happy to. Or, you can check this link: http://home.comcast.net/~ridetolive1/wsb/html/view.cgi-photo.html--SiteID-855493.html The glue is holding up just fine, but I need to install the Bushtec support before the riding season starts up again.

I’ve got a neat design for the cover of the great CD Jon put together of our ’03 Mountain Run (all 2.5 miles of it). We’ll have to talk about doing it again this year (later in the season?), so we can pass out CDs. We still haven’t put a list of attendees together, but the CD is AWESOME!!!

Bulldog was right, the shop filled up pretty fast, but I’ve still got plenty of room to work on stuff, and park, and take a shower if I want.

The time away from the board was hard, but productive!

Now I’ve got some serious reading to do…

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Shop ?

Shop ? You call that a shop ? Why man thats a Palace ! LOL
You even have enough room to do a few laps in bad weather !

Glad your back................... :beer3:

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Opps, -- 9/14!!! 0930 DQ in Monroe.

I meant to post this on the general board. I guess I'l spend a little more time learning my way around this new board.

I got so tiired of working in my carport Jim, I figured I'd build something I wouldn't outgrow for a while.

If I would have left all the junk out. I could ride in there...

I've got a lot of reading to do, so I best get to it...

·
Registered
837 Posts
I saw this picture one time before when you posted it. I remember thinking then that it would be a great place to set up some cones and do some tight cornering practice, but ya know.....that concret looks awfully slippery. The finish on that concret looks finer than frogs hair. :wink:

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup, it was pretty fresh when I took that pic. That sealer don't stay shiney too terribly long though. It's dried real well now and actually has a pretty grippy surface, even when it's wet. Man, Jim, it sure has been nice to not have to work in the carport. I can crank on the propane space heater, turn on the radio, make a pot of coffee, and turn on all 44 8' lights if I want. You've gotta build one... it's fantastic. I waited 20 years for this.

BTW it's only 42'x32', 12 sq ft bigger than my house not including the office space. I shot the first picture with a 19mm wide angle on my 35mm camera just to make it look huge!!! :p

·
Registered
837 Posts
Man Quickdraw...your killing me... :lol: One of these days I'll have the space to build something like that. Right now I'm just concidering encloseing the carport and making a little garage out of it. I'm also concidering selling this place and getting something with more space. These tiny city lots ain't worth a darn.

Congrats man. Looks great.

·
Registered
21,133 Posts
Nice looking setup you have there Quickdraw. The outside must be steel?

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yup, she's a pole building. Cheaper and faster than stick building. The tow guys who built it would have had it done in a week if they'd had all the parts delivered the first time.

Jim, I would have enclosed my carport, but it's only 8x12'. Now it's going to get enclosed to be a wood-pellet storage room :p

Here's a shot after I filled the water and power ditches and before the gutters and downspouts where on. White gutters really make it look finished! And Cindy and I bought 3 garage door activators for our X-mas gift.

This is the overhead with electrical plan if you're interested. One of these days it will be nice to use that 50a 240v circuit for a heliarc or wirefeed.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Nice shop!

Well that a beautifull shop I could put my little old house in there and still have 244 sq ft left over to work on my bikes.
Now just dont let your wife start storing everything in there or you will have to build another. My shed just cant get big enough.
Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts