GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks, what a short, strange trip it's been. I sold my caliente red '08 level 1 Goldwing in February, then bought a Suzuki Burgman. Found a trike kit for it and triked it for my wife, then bought a 2009 ST1300. Discovered my wife would not be able to safely pilot the Burgy (arthritis in wrists), so I sold her triked scooter. It then took me two months to sell the ST, but in the end, I broke even on both sales.

Did a BUNCH of shopping (including the 2012 models .... :eek:4:Ouch!), and in the end, found a 2009 Titanium level 2 with just under 14k miles. The guy had several goodies and it is in perfect condition. I mean not so much as a rock chip, plus he has a new set of tires on it.

Rode it home from Valrico (east of Tampa) to Jacksonville and it sure was nice to be back on a Goldwing again! Loved coming back to the cruise control, but I must admit that I sorely miss the electrically adjustable windshield I had on both the Burgman AND ST1300. Come on, Honda!

Anyhow, I'll attempt to post some pics and hope to see some of you on the open (albeit straight) roads of Florida again soon!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
In spite of your name, I think you WERE lost for six months.

Glad you found your way home!

Congrats!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Glad you found a sweet ride, now enjoy it. :congrats:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts