GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I doubt that anyone has noticed but I have been absent from the board most of the year with a few exceptions. I was diagnosed with esophageal cancer earlier this year and had to have MAJOR surgery in April. Not knowing how things would turn out, I did not want to leave my wife straddled with to much to deal with if the worst happened so I reluctantly had to sell my beautiful '08 pearl while baby earlier this year. It's hard to let something that you enjoy that much go to someone else but sometimes we just don't have a choice. I was very blessed and the cancer was taken clean and there was no spread to the lymph nodes! :lol: So now I have been back in the saddle for 3 months but I sorely missed my wing. I had bought another HD Road King but it just could not satisfy the itch like a wing. I was fortunate enough to get my money back out of it after only a couple of months and found another '08 in black that came home with me on Thursday. Life is GOOD!. And until it is almost taken from you you just cannot realize just how good it really is. It's great to be back on a wing and on the board.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
welcome back!!!!!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome back!!! GOD really does BLESS us and so happy for you....Cancer has taken a lot of my family and it is a sad sad thing.....I know you and your wife will enjoy that wing so have fun and stay safe riding !!!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Welcome back

and hearty congratulations on beating that monster!

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
WELCOME BACK, and :congrats: on the Wing.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
:congrats: all around.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all....very much. If there is a silver lining to any of this it is that I have lost almost 80 lbs! I needed to lose weight too, although it's not the diet plan I had in mind nor would I ever recommend it. I was at 270 back at the end of last year and am now down to 193. This winter I'll be installing a hitch and building another trailer. These wings keep me occupied and I need that.

·
Registered
487 Posts
goinssr,
Glad your back and stay back. 14 years for me next month. Tongue type.
lost 35lbs. Now a runt. Hell, you still weight more than me. If you liked the white colored bike let the neighbor kid paint it.
Just go ride the crap out of the Black one. Have Fun. If you remember nothing else. Remember ATTITUDE, ATTITUDE and more ATTITUDE. It's kinda like making tight turns from a stop.:thumbup:

David
HondaMortch

·
Registered
19,060 Posts
sounds like you will enjoy riding even more:congrats:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Glad to here your doing better. I had surgery for colon cancer on 7/7/11. Lymph nodes were ok but there was some suspect microscopic spread so now on 12 rounds of chemo, finishing 3rd today. On the off weekends I'm still able to get in a little ride time. Missed most of the summer but as the wife keeps saying there is allways next year, positive attitude is what is important. Lots of cancer survivors out here !

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
goinssr,

Congrats on all Fronts!

Your Health, Your Bike and most important, your consideration of what counts most! Your Family!

Bulldog & Meesh

·
Registered
20,952 Posts
I doubt that anyone has noticed but I have been absent from the board most of the year with a few exceptions. I was diagnosed with esophageal cancer earlier this year and had to have MAJOR surgery in April. Not knowing how things would turn out, I did not want to leave my wife straddled with to much to deal with if the worst happened so I reluctantly had to sell my beautiful '08 pearl while baby earlier this year. It's hard to let something that you enjoy that much go to someone else but sometimes we just don't have a choice. I was very blessed and the cancer was taken clean and there was no spread to the lymph nodes! :lol: So now I have been back in the saddle for 3 months but I sorely missed my wing. I had bought another HD Road King but it just could not satisfy the itch like a wing. I was fortunate enough to get my money back out of it after only a couple of months and found another '08 in black that came home with me on Thursday. Life is GOOD!. And until it is almost taken from you you just cannot realize just how good it really is. It's great to be back on a wing and on the board.
i am very happy to hear u are doing so well !!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
858 Posts
Glad to have you back neighbor! Actually I have wondered where you've been! I'm glad you are doing better, and undergoing the best of therapy...back in the saddle again.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Sorry to hear that but am glad you're on the rebound and back on another wing. Welcome back!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts