GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a while back about a horizontally moving peg that mounts on the vertical bar. I made this out spare parts I had lying around. I've continued to work with it and have even come up with something that looks pretty good made from a combination of Kury and Mick O Peg parts. I'm just waiting for Jim to send me one chrome piece to fininsh it. But the granted wish is that I believe Jim is going to go ahead and make it, improved upon of course. I've been riding with this and have been scraping the driver's boards with several inches to spare on the peg. Plus, it is comfortable [not as comfortable as my lower, but I can use it for a long time.] I'll post pictures on Monday, when the last part comes. And while it is a godsend for those of us who have long legs, it will work for shorter legs,too. :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

I'm glad I bought this stuff from him now, because he reminded me that prices go up on the first. So don't wait if you're planning to get any of his other stuff. :money1: :money1: :money1:

http://www.ridingiswonderful.com

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Merry Christmas Dan & Mrs. Dan.

I know that you have been working on that peg diligently for the last little while. Glad that you have come to finalization.

Now maybe you can start to play with your SP III. The Kennedy harness and instructions went out Priority mail on Monday. You probably should get it by the end of January....LOL

Merry Christmas

Bulldog

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are right. I have spent over a year and a half trying to make this bike work for me and now I believe I'm done. I am amazed at how much Jim Mick was willing to put up with me emailing him every time I had an idea [upon which he always improved.] I've got both lower and upper pegs to take care of all situations.

If the US Postal Service gets them to me by the end of January, that will seem like an improvement. :lol: Actually, they didn't do too badly considering the time of year. I am looking forward to learning how to use the SPIII. It will probably take me alot longer than it takes them to deliver.

Thanks again, Bulldog.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Dan, thanks for your diligence and your earlier email. I'll wait patiently for more information, especially from Jim. He's a super person and a heck of a guy to work with. Done nothing but good by me. Maybe an email list can be worked up so that when he gets things perfected all of us will be notified of its availability.

Best for the New Year.

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MesquiteBob said:
Dan, thanks for your diligence and your earlier email. I'll wait patiently for more information, especially from Jim. He's a super person and a heck of a guy to work with. Done nothing but good by me. Maybe an email list can be worked up so that when he gets things perfected all of us will be notified of its availability.
I would be glad to assemble an email list. Anyone interested, send your email address to my private message box. Jim is sending me a new leg to test with this, so I should pretty much know how it will work. He's already described the new mount which will be the easiest I've ever seen to attach. Should provide a wide range of usefullness. I'll post more Monday or Tuesday with some pictures.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
There is no way that SPIII is gonna get there anytime soon

Better hope your SPIII is not on one of these trucks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts