GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Grats! supposed to pick one up on Friday too!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Enjoy the new 2018. I wish I was you. I still have my lovely 2003 that runs great. It is just that DCT is so damn amazing. I always thought my 2003 would be the last Goldwing I ever owned, but Honda has definitely sparked my interest.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ARGH!!!!! The seller is backing out. I can't tell you how excited I was to finally be getting what I wanted. Now, No bike for me! :cry:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes I am really bummed. I have to call and cancel the insurance on my non-existent bike.

I counted my chickens before they hatched and jinxed myself so back to looking on cycletrader or waiting for one of you fine folks to age out of motorcycling.

·
Registered
388 Posts
That sucks! Sorry to hear your seller got cold feet. Just FYI for the next one, if you already have motorcycle insurance on another bike your insurance company should give you automatic coverage on any new purchase for 4 days at the same level of coverage as your previous/current bike. This way you don't have to call the new bike in to them before you have fob in hand. If you don't have a policy currently then all bets are off and you have to buy a policy before you pick the new bike up. When you call to cancel coverage on the bike that fell through double-check this with them to be sure. This way your next call with them will be a happy one :)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Not sure what you are looking for and see that you are NC, but my dealer in Ohio has a 2020 sitting on the floor. Great guy. He is the owner. Ask for Dave, tell him Jason sent you :-D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What type of money are you looking to spend and does it have to be tour or non tour?
I was planning on spending 20 to 22K. Definitely has to be a tour and definitely has to be DCT.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not sure what you are looking for and see that you are NC, but my dealer in Ohio has a 2020 sitting on the floor. Great guy. He is the owner. Ask for Dave, tell him Jason sent you :-D
I'd love to buy new but wallet won't allow me to spend that much.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I did take my current cycle to the Honda dealer for oil change an inspection and I walked into see what they had and the whole building was practically empty. They had nothing sitting on the floor! I asked about the goldwings and they said they had two coming (one tour and one non tour) and they were already sold.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts