GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
2 days 1100 miles you should be tired, I did that back in 03 when I picked up my 02 Wing in Portland Oregon and rode it home to Hemet, Ca in 2 days, it was July and HOTTTTTT!!!

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
2 days 1100 miles you should be tired, I did that back in 03 when I picked up my 02 Wing in Portland Oregon and rode it home to Hemet, Ca in 2 days, it was July and HOTTTTTT!!!
Worst than that. That's two days driving a pick-up pulling a loaded toy-hauler. He has started migrating. As long as he doesn't start molting we'll be okay.:joke:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Bald Eagle,

Have you thought of moving to FL(no income tax) and migrating north for 3 months during the summer?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Bald Eagle
Thanks for the note. Hate to tell you this it's still raining. I guess after 1100 miles yea your tired. Hope your weather is better there. Going to try to make it up to West Virginia this summer never know we may show up near you would have to be at a Hooters.
As you would say George

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
You picked a lovely day to come home....soggy and dreary. The weekend is supposed to be pretty good.

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
John, some of your friends are jealous!:lol: I'm sure they missed you, glad you're home safe and sound and cold and wet. You'll wake up tomorrow or the day after and wish you were back SOUTH.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Glad you made it home safe!
:coffee1:
Mark

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bald Eagle,

Have you thought of moving to FL(no income tax) and migrating north for 3 months during the summer?
There is no income tax in PA for those who are retired, nor do they tax social security benefits. Just tax on simple savings accounts.

Besides, the four seasons in FL are: Jan, Feb, Mar & hot + humid with a 95% chance of an isolated t-storm for 9 months! PA has just two seasons: winter & construction!

As soon as I catch up with the housework, I'll be putting together a video of the Blue Angels at the air show and an epilogue. Here's a preview:

Glad to be back home in PA where we have lots of mountain roads with turns so that I can get the flat spots off of my tires!

·
Registered
20,946 Posts
nice to hear u made it home safe :thumbup:

i bet the Florida Hooters chicks are going to miss u and the camera

looking forward to hearing about your next big adventure

·
Registered
375 Posts
Your PA seasons are like WI then, but PA is much more tax friendly for retirees. WI still taxes retirement and everything else they can but I do believe there is some break in Military retirements.

I have to add our construction season starts in March and may go into November but we have the overlap with winter starting as early as October and not ending until May.

The important thing is it looks like you have had a dang nice FL visit.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Your PA seasons are like WI then, but PA is much more tax friendly for retirees. WI still taxes retirement and everything else they can but I do believe there is some break in Military retirements.

I have to add our construction season starts in March and may go into November but we have the overlap with winter starting as early as October and not ending until May.

The important thing is it looks like you have had a dang nice FL visit.
You are so correct. Wisconsin is Always trying to find more ways to tax the heck out of us. The Gov., Mr. Lollipop says we are 5.1 BILLON
in the red. Hold on to your shorts, more taxes to come!

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Were you gone? Glad you made it home safe.

·
Registered
35 Posts
John
it's supposede to be A nice weekend so in thinking of you just might have to go to Hooters for lunch.
Jim (GEORGE)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts