GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WTF is wrong with me?

Too many days I've found myself just sitting around the house because I can't think of someplace NEW to ride to on that particular day. Don't feel like doing one of my standard day trips, or even just into the foothills for a couple of hours.

Over the past few weeks I've read many posts from out-of-staters jubulant over the opportunity to travel thousands of miles just for the opportunity to ride in our fantastic state. Has sure gotten me to re-think my riding priorities.

For Pete's sake, I'm minutes away from the foothills and little more than an hour from the heart of the Rockies - some of the best riding and scenery in the US.

So what if I've seen it before and ridden the same roads time and time again. It's COLORADO!! Get out of enjoy it while you can you old fart!

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Good advice. What are you doing sitting there typing? :wrong:

·
Immortal Member
3,084 Posts
WTF is wrong with me?
Sounds like a severe case of awesome beauty overload.

It happens to those of us so fortunate to be able to live and ride in the high Rockies.

We're here at 9,000 feet asl right on the south side of the Mt Evans wilderness, 8 miles to the top (on foot) surrounded by mountains and sometimes it seems just like...
Home.

So we start to get used to our surroundings and take them for granted.

I started this thread a while back to help give us some direction and purpose to our riding here for those who want to play along.

http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260286

There are many, many fun roads to ride even in the foothills not even counting the high mountain passes of which there are many.

Sounds like you could use some good Cycle Therapy.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Wife and I just got back from a 5200 mile trip that included our first trip in Colorado. I thought North Carolina and Montana were beautiful...Colorado has them beat easily. We found this town called Durango that we will be revisiting for sure.

·
Registered
274 Posts
all those twisty, two lane, canyon wall lined with a creek in the middle type roads get rather tiresome...monotonous curve after curve.....maybe wait for an afternoon monsoon to ride in for a different perspective

1 - 6 of 6 Posts