GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I did it. I installed a Hankook ventus V4. I was aprehensive about installing a CT but after reading the threads posted here decided to take the plundge. After a few test rides I must say, I am impressed, very smooth, stable. My wife and I are leaving soon for a month long ride from Alaska to tour the lower 48 towing our Kwik Kamp trailer. I would appreciate any tire pressure recomendations for two up and towing.
Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Well I did it. I installed a Hankook ventus V4. I would appreciate any tire pressure recomendations for two up and towing.
Thanks for the help.
42-44psi is a good strarting place :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Welcome to the DARKSIDE....... :flg:
Don't forget to get your # an Decal....

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Well I did it. I installed a Hankook ventus V4. I was aprehensive about installing a CT but after reading the threads posted here decided to take the plundge. After a few test rides I must say, I am impressed, very smooth, stable. My wife and I are leaving soon for a month long ride from Alaska to tour the lower 48 towing our Kwik Kamp trailer. I would appreciate any tire pressure recomendations for two up and towing.
Thanks for the help.

Welcome......but you should have read the part about what happens when a Non-Run-Flat tire loses all its air.

With my wife aboard and pulling a trailer, I woulda wanted a run-flat tire that could not leave me stranded in the middle of nowhere, .......... or worse. :eek:4:

Have a safe and memorable trip.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
:congrats: on your new tire! I ran that tire and it is a fantastic tire, it should serve you well. I have never pulled a trailer, but around 42psi should serve you well.:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Thanks for the help.
Enjoy the new tire and it will be just as safe as everyone elses that they run. Don't listen to all the naysayers and there NRF comments They are just as good as there tires just as safe and handle better So enjoy the tire and the smiles :thumbup:

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Enjoy the new tire and it will be just as safe as everyone elses that they run. Don't listen to all the naysayers and there NRF comments They are just as good as there tires just as safe and handle better So enjoy the tire and the smiles :thumbup:
JP, I know we don't agree on this, but, from this point on, I am taking off the gloves....with all due respect:

If that is the case, take me up on my challenge that I posted in another thread.. Prove to me that you can ride behind me for 50 miles at 50 mph with no valve core in your tire. I'll have my valve-coreless RF on. We'll stop a few times for stop signs and such and will probably take a few corners. Let's have our brides on behind us too. I would, would you?

I am ready to be proved wrong, but I don't expect it.

This will be easy for you: Just go to your bike right now and take the valve core out. Let me know how far off the ground your rear rim is. Maybe you'll want to take it for a ride. :shrug: But, I'm guessing you won't. The rim will have only a thin piece of rubber between it and the floor.

Sure hope the Darksiders who tell "their" friends and members of this forum that NRFs are as safe as a RFs are never told they lost that friend of buddy when "their" buddy and his wife ate asphalt because "their" recommended NRF lost all its air at once and they couldn't even get it to the side of the road.

You guys run what you want....but stop telling people that NRFs are as safe as RFs. :roll: It's BS.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I am with you Paul. He will probably come back and say his query was about rapid air loss, but who can really choose his tire's demise, huh? Go RF, quit putting sissy inputs in your handlebars, and all will be good.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
I am with you Paul. He will probably come back and say his query was about rapid air loss, but who can really choose his tire's demise, huh? Go RF, quit putting sissy inputs in your handlebars, and all will be good.
One voice of reason. :yes1:

You coming to Wingstock this Fall, Buddy?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts