GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be on my way to Milpitas Honda to pick up my baby.
My wife and I will be driving for the next ten hours to their location.
Pic-up will happen tomorrow morning
Can you say H A P P Y !!!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
i remember my excitement getting mine last fall, waaaaay better than being a kid at christmas.

loren

·
Registered
436 Posts
Jim,

What color did you get and why did you have to drive so far was it a steal for you :?:

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Red said:
Can't believe you're not back yet! :lol:
He's probably trying to figure out why the odometer is racking up more miles than it should. You know how they act up once in a while; 25 miles to work, and 150 on the way home. Guess we shoulda told him about that.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Took me three days to get home when I picked mine up. It's a 6 hour ride as the crow flys but I had to explore other areas on that fantastic machine- couldn't just come straight home.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK Friends ! I am at Sheraton in San Jose/Milpitas borderline. Dealership is 1.6 miles to my hotel and I've been there twice already but darn place is closed.

I don't know how I'll be able to sleep tonight ?
:D :D :D

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Chef.....

and Blk Warrior, I don't know if it's a steal or not but it seemed good enough to me to make my mind.

I am getting a Candy Black Cherry 04 with ABS.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Congratulations Jim. Just a few more hours now. It's going to be a long night. I know it was for me the night before I picked up my new GL1800.
It was a long 125 mile drive to the dealer, and a way too short ride home on that new machine.

The smiles are about to begin. :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jim,

Iwas just thinking to take the shortcut back to my home tomorrow and I saw your posting.
I was tinking to take Milpitas - Las Vegas - Laughlin - Phoenix or Clifton than Tucson - San Diego and at last home at Lake Elsinore.
Don't you agree that this is the shortest way to my home?

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Jim,

I hope by the time you read this, you are home and had a wonderful trip to boot.

I road through Elsinore last year after taking a nice long trip over Ortega etc. I could not believe how much the temperature raised right in the Elsinore valley. I am telling you it got hot. Soon as we pulled out of Elsinore headed home it cooled off again to comfortable riding.

Again, all the best and I hope you get a million (S)miles out of that sucker.

Bulldog

1 - 12 of 12 Posts