GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got on my bike to ride back to work after lunch, and instead of it starting and going "vroom vroom", I could've sworn I heard my bike go
"why why" Then it really got weird as I hear "how would you like it if I rode on your back in this damn heat":eek:4:

Thats when I decided to take the truck, and go ask my wife what she put in those brownies I had for lunch:lol:

Can't wait for Fall in the smokies:bow:

·
Registered
559 Posts
I look forward to the afternoon storms to cool things down to the mid 80s, so I can ride without getting heat stroke. Oh, once the clouds leave, we're back up to Heat index of 105+.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I got on my bike to ride back to work after lunch, and instead of it starting and going "vroom vroom", I could've sworn I heard my bike go
"why why" Then it really got weird as I hear "how would you like it if I rode on your back in this damn heat":eek:4:

Thats when I decided to take the truck, and go ask my wife what she put in those brownies I had for lunch:lol:

Can't wait for Fall in the smokies:bow:
It is HOT here too!! 104.7 right now. I thought about doing the same thing after lunch, but just could find the energy to do anything but start my p/u and turn up the a/c. :eek:4:
I am holding on to this thought--Each day we are one day closer to cooler weather and RAIN!!!

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
70*

High of 70 here today. Has been in that range for a week now. 55* this morning, but 65 by 9:30. Of course our summer population goes from 5k to 50k for the area. I also get to hear about your nice Febuarys and Novembers:shrug:.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
High of 70 here today. Has been in that range for a week now. 55* this morning, but 65 by 9:30. Of course our summer population goes from 5k to 50k for the area. I also get to hear about your nice Febuarys and Novembers:shrug:.

I hate to correct you sir, but we also have nice Decembers, January's, and March's too:yes::beer2::flg::a13:

·
Registered
409 Posts
And up here in the Pacific Northwest.... well lets just say we are still waiting for Summer, Spring too for that matter!

·
Registered
267 Posts
it's 68 up here.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was under the impression that a cold front was to move through overnight, and to expect heavy rains. Well, I went to bed last night and it was 87. I woke up this morning, and it was 88, and still drier than a popcorn fart :wrong:

I'm still melting, but thankful not to be anywhere near Oklahoma's 24 plus days of over 100:-(

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
It's nice here and has been for about a week or so, but it was hot and it wll come back again soon. I'm leaving Saturday for Glorieta New Mexico on Saturday, should be cooler up there.
Now this is HOT

·
Registered
16,865 Posts
The faster you go; the cooler it gets.

prs

·
Registered
9,200 Posts
Thermostat is on the right handlebar...point north, twist throttle - two days later, enjoy! :joke:

A few days of drying out here in the Sonora desert, with a seasonable 95 deg and 11% humidity.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I am a few hours underneath you. I have trucked it the last 3 days.
I feel guilty, and the gas the truck eats, yikes! Ride to work early,
and leave late is the only way to do it on a motorcycle.

No kidding about Oklahoma. That is a terrible streek. I feel for those folks.

Herb

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
I can't wait.:wrong:

:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts