GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've read and re read about the DARKSIDE and I'm ready to order the Kumho but when I tried to order from Tirerack they want to know what vehicle it's going on and if you don't tell them they say a rep will call to check.

Does anyone know what vehicle this will fit on? I like to know the answers before the questions are asked. ;)

Thanks for ALL the help and info from everyone here. It's a big decision and I'm one that wanted to know good and bad before hand. About all I can see is that there is a little handling difference on uneven surfaces. I guess I'll have be ready for it. Nothing like first hand experience.

Again, THANKS to all for everything!

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
2008 Mini Cooper

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
I just order one from these guy's, they didn't ask anything.
http://www.directbuytire.com/
Good prices on the tire, shipping was a little high IMHO.
Every tire store I tried locally didn't have any in stock, and the prices they quoted me were higher than the tire and shipping from these guy's

·
Registered
90 Posts
There was a box at the end of the check out saying I dont want to say which kind of vehicle it is for.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
I have never been asked what it's for or why am I only ordering one tire from easytire.com!

·
Registered
355 Posts
I ordered my Kumho RF from Discount Tire in Longmont, Colorado. No questions asked. Then when I wanted the Falken ZE-912, they ordered it and even installed it for me. The only thing they could not do was balance because the spindle on the standard Tire Balancer is larger then the hole in the Goldwing wheel.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
THANKS guys for all the info. Directbuytire.com was a lot cheaper too.
As always this is a great board with many thoughtful people.

Again, THANK YOU!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I just got a Kumo from Tirerack, checked the box that said no vehicle specified, order went thru, tire arrived 2 days later....no call from the back office.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I just got a Kumo from Tirerack, checked the box that said no vehicle specified, order went thru, tire arrived 2 days later....no call from the back office.
edit: just checked the directby site, could of saved $7 over Tire Rack...next time!

·
Registered
89 Posts
THANKS guys for all the info. Directbuytire.com was a lot cheaper too.
As always this is a great board with many thoughtful people.

Again, THANK YOU!
:agree: lots of helpful folks on this board!!

·
Registered
709 Posts
I just got mine from Tirerack with no problems. Just checked the box saying i did not wish to tell them for what vehicle the tire was for.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts

Same thing here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts