GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time Darksider (as of last tire change).

Been very happy with handling, gripping, etc...

I ride 1 up, haven't pulled trailer on these tires yet....

I run Driveguard on rear at 28 pounds cold, BT-45 on front at 40 pounds cold.

Rhetorical question....Did I really go to the darkside and are there forces beyond my ken at work? (joking)

I've got over 25K miles so far on the Driveguard, and over 14K on the BT-45 - 75% of miles on are on slab at 65+MPH, probably 10% on some form of twisty's / non-highway, and the remainder in and around town....when are these bloody things gonna wear out? (another rhetorical question)...

Just my way of saying that Darksiding has been one of the best MC decisions I've made.

Many thanks to all that offered encouragement on the topic!

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks for your awesome post. Can you please give me the tire brand and size that you have on the front. Thanks, Arty

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I'm running my first CT and I'm sold as well, especially after just completing a 4900 mile trip 2-up. Here's my Driveguard after 13K. I'm not so sure I'll get 25k like you. It was suggested I lower the pressure to 28, but that will never work in the Ozarks! :wink2:

Attachments

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Battlax BT45 130-70-18 It is a "rear tire", but the exact right size for a GL1800 front (pre-2018 .

·
IronMan
17,631 Posts
Welcome to the darkside! Aint for everyone but most i know or seen that posted about wont go back to mc tire. Get with murgie n get your #

1 - 5 of 5 Posts