GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sonny mentioned in another thread that we needed to start our own mob/gang/group/whatever in the state. I'm all for that, and I'd like to start compiling a list of names/handles that we could call ourselves. After about a week or so. we can take the names and set up a poll and we could select the name/handle that most appeals to us. Majority will rule in the decision.

Any takers?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Great idea! Here's a couple I'll throw out for you
(Don't throw things if some of them suck!):eek:4:I'll leave any humor associated with Dairy Queen out of my thoughts!:lol:

Hoosier Wings
HOW - Hoosiers On Wings
HWR - Hoosier Wing Riders
HRC - Hoosier Rider's Club
Gl1800 Hoosier Riders
Hoosier GL1800 Riders
Crossroads Riders ("Crossroads of America" - state slogan)
Crossroads GL1800 Riders
1816 Motorcycle Club (Year that Indiana became a state)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Next Monday I will take the names that have been submitted and put them up in a poll and like I said majority rules.

·
Registered
775 Posts
might take a little longer than we thought to come up with an appropriate name??????

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kind of looking that way.

Was down your direction the other day, stopped into A&J cycle conversions behidn the Shoney's. Wife had to pry me out of there. Lots of nice rides in there and they are (so it seems to me) fairly reasonable in converting a 2 wheel into a 3 wheel ride. Wife is bouncing on me to get a trike, and I may just buy her one and keep the 2 wheel ride for me.

Ate and the "Snitz" also. Youngest son had a birthday and we were taking him and his wife out to dinner.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Hey count me in...
Munster, IN here. Way up north in the corner near Chicago

·
Registered
55 Posts
I would avoid any references to "1800" since there are several 1500s and other size wings still out there.

WING

Wander Indiana Now Goldwingers

·
Registered
775 Posts
A J Cycle is a great place. those guys are really great. thats about a 45 minute ride for me. Next time your headed that way, send me a PM and if I can make, we will hook up for a meet & greet.....

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bluestreak02, sorry, no, not this time, however, we are planning a lunch run in July at Squealer's BBQ in Mooresville. Great place! Look to see you there.

What we are doing is, seeing if we have enough interest to generate our own name for our GW family here in the Hoosier State. We've received some very good input for some of the riders in the state. If you have a name for our group, put it on this forum and after we get enough names, I'll set up a poll for all of us to vote on and we'll decide on a name.

Sonny,

Name a date, I'll jump on the ride and motor down that way. Like you, I'm about 35-40 minutes from Jasper (I'm to the north, Odon, IN). We can meet and greet, and go eat some chow somewhere. And if anyone else wants to make the ride down this way, they would be more than welcome, the more the merrier. I'll send you a PM with my phone number in it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I Kinda like the first one for some reason it has familiar ring to it!!

Great idea! Here's a couple I'll throw out for you
(Don't throw things if some of them suck!):eek:4:I'll leave any humor associated with Dairy Queen out of my thoughts!:lol:

Hoosier Wings
HOW - Hoosiers On Wings
HWR - Hoosier Wing Riders
HRC - Hoosier Rider's Club
Gl1800 Hoosier Riders
Hoosier GL1800 Riders
Crossroads Riders ("Crossroads of America" - state slogan)
Crossroads GL1800 Riders
1816 Motorcycle Club (Year that Indiana became a state)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Trying to get the poll set up for the voting and I can't find it. Any of ya'll (southern Indiana) know where to find it?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts