GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
10/16; 8:30 pm. First of all, thank every one of you for your prayers and well wishes. I'll print out this thread when Debi is able to take a deep breath so she knows people she's never met are pulling for them, just fellow bikers that care for them. Something like this, or what happened to Steve A., or what's currently happening with Mark Salyzyn sure makes the bickering about who's a better rider seem trite. Let's try to treat each other with a little more respect. Life's too short to intentionally hurt family. We're just an extended family here. I've posted things that could be taken as being hurtful, for that I apologize.

I just spoke with another friend who just returned from the hospital. There has been no change to speak of over the last 24 hours. Steve remains pretty much unresponsive, but no worse. His son is due to arrive at LAX tonight around midnight from Marine Corp boot camp, courtesy of the Red Cross and a lot of work from the club president pleading on the phone with whoever would listen. All the 'T's are crossed and 'I's dotted with the insurance company and doctors, all they are waiting for now is a bed to empty at UCLA, hopefully tonight or early tomorrow. I'll post another update when I hear of anything new.

Again, I personally thank each one of you for the support here and the PM's with offers of help. Right now, there's nothing anyone of us can do except continue to pray for Steve and Debi. Thank you, my friends.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those of you that don't want to hear about another prayer request, you can leave this thread now.

When Peggie and I bought our first touring bike almost 6 years ago, one of the first people that greeted us at the club meeting was Steve Piuser. He's also part of one of the 3 other couples that usually vacation with us on the bike. We've been to Mount Rushmore, Canada, Colorado, among other places with him. After a rough personal time, he got re-married just about a year ago.

A week ago last Saturday, he started feeling ill. Soon he was ill enough to head for the Urgent Care. Then it was to the hospital. Things have rapidly gone downhill from there, and he has been diagnosed with Encephalitis, which is swelling of the brain caused by a viral infection. Nothing the doctors have tried so far has helped at all. In the middle of last week, he lost sight in one of his eyes as a result of the infection. As of last night, he was in a coma, awaiting a transfer to UCLA in a battle to save his life.

For those of you who are believers like me, I'd appreciate it if you would take a few minutes to pray for him and his wife Debi. He's only 44 years old. For all of us, this is a reminder to make sure our house is in order with the Lord, because there is no guarantee of tomorrow, here.

I know I'm rambling on and probably making much sense, but I don't know what to do with myself.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Prayers from Texas. God Bless Ya'll

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Prayers to Steve and his family.

A few years back, Steve sent me a trinket for my Wing. I have yet to meet the man, but those that know of him, speak very highly of him.

I believe in the miracle of prayer!

All the best Steve.

Bulldog

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
It's a Done Deal!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Done

:flg:

·
Registered
868 Posts
Prayers from my family to his.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Be strong Duane. The outcome of this is in the hands of the Lord.

Steve, his family, and you are in my prayers.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
He will be in my prayers.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I'm just over the hill in Cal City.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts