GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dear All,

I am seeking please an experts advise on the following items i would like to buy and install on my GW 2018 DCT, I thought to consolidate them in one post for everyone use (especially lighting, i am not that expert and adding accessories of lighting always scares me)

1- FOG lights, kindly advise which one recommended to buy and why:

a. Factory FOG lights
b. Rivco Fog lights
c. Multi function LED fog light kit from http://www.socalmotogear.com/MULTI-FUNCTION-LED-FOG-LIGHT-KIT-p/g18mfs.htm
d. LED Fog Light Kit for 2018+ Gold Wing by Show Chrome

2- Tail lights

a. Factory Chrome trunk and LED light
b. GT Tour LED Trunk Light for 2018+ Gold Wing from Big bike parts
c. Goldstrike trunk LED

*** what wires or fuse box needed to install any additional lighting to the bike? is it mandatory?

3. Foot Pegs
which one easy to install and looks better on the bike
1- Rivco foot pegs Aero Flip ( i heard some issues with this product)
2- 3-Way Adjustable Highway (by Ciro)

4- Puddle Entry Light

a. OEM Honda
b. Light Kit for 2018+ Honda Gold Wing by electrical connections

Thanks

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have an opinion but thats all. After looking at many options and talking with others, I went with the stock fog lights, factory trunk rack and third brake light and i bought the highway pegs from show chrome (beachcomber) they mount on bar and look good. no puddle lights. these are the items that i felt do the best job for me. thanks

Reactions: Kenichi

·
Registered
942 Posts
**** o pegs for me
Ec connections has great accessories

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,227 Posts
For me the following were my choices & I am happy with all of them:

1) Rivco lights. 30 minute installation, bright high quality lights, hidden button
2) Rivco aero pegs. Like them but they look a little funky.
3) Did not get puddle lights. For me they are a waste of $$$
4) I have the OEM Honda rack & LED light. Pain to install. High quality. I think the bike looks better without them but I need the space for a external bag for trips. I think the Big Bikes lights look better than the Ciro for the trunk. I have the Ciro license plate light. OK could be brighter a little on the cheap side
5) Wing Soft seat. Better than stock. I like a firmer seat & if Ultimate ever offers one that will be my choice

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I just received my SOCAL Pathfinder Multi-Function Fog/daytime running light/strobe lights from UPS. Not mounted yet. I do like the fact that they do utilize a switch that mounts into the center control panel (dummy switch removed, Pathfinder switch added. Check out their website.)

I have the Goldstrike Trunk and Blade lights installed and they are bright and eye-catching. They are well made and the trunk light looks like something that Honda should have included on the bike when they designed it (My opinion). I do not intend on adding a luggage rack as I pull a Bushtec trailer when additional luggage space is needed.

After much research, I selected the Goldstrike 3-way adjustable highway pegs. I considered the Mic-O-Pegs (too restricting in the area of the foot pegs and brake lever for me) because I had them on my 15 Wing and liked them, and the Rivco (didn't want something that mounted into the engine). There is a long thread available on this site that can provide a lot of information on various brands.

I don't have puddle lights on my ride.

Of course all of my selections are personal preference based on the research I have done on these products. What works for me my not work for someone else. Before you buy, I would recommend you do some research on the products you intend to add to make sure they have all the options you want.

Reactions: Kenichi and laen

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
All the socalmotogear links do not come up for me. Anyone else?
I just went on their website. When you reach the website there is something that says 404. To the left is a menu and I clicked on the 2018 Gold Wing category and the Pathfinder LED Fog lights came up. Try that.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I just went on their website. When you reach the website there is something that says 404. To the left is a menu and I clicked on the 2018 Gold Wing category and the Pathfinder LED Fog lights came up. Try that.
I can get to the main page (although the main content area comes up with a 404 error). When I try to get to the 2018 stuff, all I get is a 404 error no matter which way I come at it. Definitely my problem then.

·
Registered
2018 Tour DCT
166 Posts
The only one of those items I have is the OEM Fog Lights. They may not be the least expensive and others may be brigter but I believe they are the only ones offered that use the switch and wiring that came with the bike. I don't want to run my own wires and install a separate switch somewhere when all of that is already available with the OEM Fog Lights.

Update: After posting my comments I clicked on the link for the SoCal fog lights. The instructions seem to be copied from the Honda OEM Fog Lights and the switch looks the same as the OEM switch. The price is a little higher than the OEM lights but there are several operating modes too.

·
Registered
792 Posts
The only one of those items I have is the OEM Fog Lights. They may not be the least expensive and others may be brigter but I believe they are the only ones offered that use the switch and wiring that came with the bike. I don't want to run my own wires and install a separate switch somewhere when all of that is already available with the OEM Fog Lights.

Update: After posting my comments I clicked on the link for the SoCal fog lights. The instructions eem to be copied from the Honda OEM Fog Lights and the switch looks the same as the OEM switch. The price is a little higher than the OEM lights but there are several operating modes too.

I'm buying these. Better lighting at night and brighter than OEM for much less. Installs exactly same as Honda's.

https://www.goldwingonline.com/products/Goldwing_GL1833_LED_Fog_Lights-1403-83.html

Reactions: Kenichi

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just received my SOCAL Pathfinder Multi-Function Fog/daytime running light/strobe lights from UPS. Not mounted yet. I do like the fact that they do utilize a switch that mounts into the center control panel (dummy switch removed, Pathfinder switch added. Check out their website.)

I have the Goldstrike Trunk and Blade lights installed and they are bright and eye-catching. They are well made and the trunk light looks like something that Honda should have included on the bike when they designed it (My opinion). I do not intend on adding a luggage rack as I pull a Bushtec trailer when additional luggage space is needed.

After much research, I selected the Goldstrike 3-way adjustable highway pegs. I considered the Mic-O-Pegs (too restricting in the area of the foot pegs and brake lever for me) because I had them on my 15 Wing and liked them, and the Rivco (didn't want something that mounted into the engine). There is a long thread available on this site that can provide a lot of information on various brands.

I don't have puddle lights on my ride.

Of course all of my selections are personal preference based on the research I have done on these products. What works for me my not work for someone else. Before you buy, I would recommend you do some research on the products you intend to add to make sure they have all the options you want.

Thanks all for your reply,

I think Mic-O- Pegs just kills the looks. Rivco agreed with you , i am not comfortable installing anything to engine

would you mind share photos of the lights installed + pegs

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Thanks all for your reply,

I think Mic-O- Pegs just kills the looks. Rivco agreed with you , i am not comfortable installing anything to engine

would you mind share photos of the lights installed + pegs
As soon as I get my saddleback from Russel Day-Long, the fog lights and highway pegs will be installed. I will send you pictures when finished.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
OK, for those of you who can't get the SOCAL Pathfinder site, go to Youtube and type in Cruiserman's Fog light comparison. He does a comparison between Honda's OEM Fog lights, Rivco's Fog Lights and the SOCAL Pathfinder Multifunction fog lights.

Reactions: Mjay

·
Registered
376 Posts
OK, for those of you who can't get the SOCAL Pathfinder site, go to Youtube and type in Cruiserman's Fog light comparison. He does a comparison between Honda's OEM Fog lights, Rivco's Fog Lights and the SOCAL Pathfinder Multifunction fog lights.
I did find them (backordered) on Wingstuff.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I did find them (backordered) on Wingstuff.
JackFlack,
If its the PathFinders you want, you will wait quite a while if you wait for WingStuff to stock them. SOCAL had a waiting list that will be filled before sending out to distributers. You can get on their list by calling SOCAL at 213-973-3025 and order your Pathfinders. Cost is $389.95

Reactions: JackFlack
1 - 18 of 18 Posts