GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Does anyone know anything about importing Goldwings to Australia? I understand there are some compliance requirements.

I would like to hear more about this for I am thinking of same..
My son lives there and I would like to import my GW to Australia when the time comes.
I am glad I read your post for I did not know there were some compliance issues..
If you find out more could you please send me an email or post more here.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Does anyone know anything about importing Goldwings to Australia? I understand there are some compliance requirements.
Believe it or not, I have received questions about importing bikes into Australia before even though my “import” website clearly states its about importing bikes into Canada.

Here are a few things I’ve looked up and responded to fellow riders about:

http://www.daff.gov.au/aqis/import/vehicles-machinery/motorcycles
“Motorcycles must be thoroughly cleaned both internally and externally before arrival in Australia.”

Here in Canada we don’t care if imported bikes are clean or dirty. LOL For Australia, bikes must be inspected by an authorized “Australian Quarentine and Inspection Service”. The above link to their website provides more details.

http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/vehicle_regulation/bulletin/importing_vehicles/general/index.aspx
The Australian Department of Infrastructure and Transportation provides the above webpage titled “Importing Vehicles to Australia - General Information” that provides information and links on things from eligibility to forms. This should provide most of the information you’ll need.

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
You'll have to convert your GW to lefthand steering.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Importing to Australia

Great information! I intend to contact your friends and I will make sure I send them your regards.

Daddo... thanks for the link!

I love this forum...

Kid.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Motorcycle shipping to Australia

Wow... since asking the initial question I've become a semi-expert on the process of importing motorcycles to Australia. If California implemented these restrictions on illegal aliens... well, problem solved.

If anyone has questions, I may have the answers now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts