GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
I wanted to go and just see what was new for the heck of it. I haven't been to the show for 5+ years.
Previous times it was really a waste of time so decided not to go.
I don't know anyone that did.

·
Registered
20,955 Posts
I wanted to go Saturday but things just didn’t work out, probably a good thing because it was snowing pretty good here about the time I would have arrived home on the wing .
Yes lots of folks complain about the show but my opinion they have made some pretty significant improvements over the years, last couple years they had very nice discounts on many helmets and accessories only available during the show. Seems like a very nice way to attract new attention but hardly anyone ever mentions it so most folks are unaware.

·
Crazy Northerner
8,622 Posts
I haven't been to the show in several years. There just isn't anything I am actually looking for. It would be nice if there was something closer so I am not wasting half my day getting there and back.

Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've gone the last few years in Dallas. I ride up from Houston, eat BBQ somewhere, make the day of it, spend the night, then ride back. I've only gone a couple of years, so my view isn't tainted by what the show "used to be." I thoroughly enjoy it and always come home with a bag of swag.

I've also seen the best custom ear plug company there the last couple of years. So I've got a couple of those now. That in itself would be motivation enough for me to go. Longhaul Paul was there this year, and seeing his presentations would've been worth the day to me. So I guess it depends on what you're going for and your expectations.

·
Crazy Northerner
8,622 Posts
The difference is that the weather is nice enough to ride to the show. It has been snowing and weather forecast had possible freezing rain. Getting to ride the bike to the show would make a big difference.

Reactions: cycledude
1 - 9 of 9 Posts