GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll bet there are some fantastic cars in the garages of our members. I don't happen to have one, but if I did, it would be a 1950 Packard Hearse (that's correct) I am a professional car fan. One of my business partners has a spectacular 1936 Chevy New York City Taxi and is rebuilding a 1936 Packard Henney hearse.
What do ya got??? :D

Pictures if ya got em please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have this one.... and a 62 Impala in the body shop

63 Chevy Suburban

·
Registered
994 Posts
We have this 34 Ford 2Dr Sedan. Probably streetrod it when I get my 32 Ford sedan on the road.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Antique is now anything from 1982 or earlier ... I think everything before that was called a horseless carriage :twisted:

1 year from an antique plate ... 1983 XJ6

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Great post Jan. Probably not surprising, I too am a professional car buff. My goal is a pre-1960 ambulance.

I am also an antique car nut. I love all pre-WWII vehicles and will one day own at least one. The earlier the better and restored to original. No street rods.

I also love the unusual. The Morris Minor, the Nash Metropolitan, etc. I can't wait to see what the members post.

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
Recently sold a 1969 Ford F100...man am I sorry it is gone! Ran out of horse feed several days before the usual delivery and could've gone to the feed store with it! That truck would sit for weeks sometimes, and start right EVERY time! Even had A/C that worked! And an AM radio! LOL! Looking for another old truck now...maybe go for a GMC this time...like to keep it even...Saw a really nice one yesterday, an early 50's maybe, not sure of the year.

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Jan - I'm a huge car nut myself, but not really into the classics. I know a lot about cars back to the '60s. I bought my first car magazine in August 1965 - still have that magazine and thousands more that I have bought since then. Actually, it's a cool story because my Grandmother bought me the first magazine and it's amazing that at 12 years old I somehow decided to keep it, and every one since then.

As you can see by my signature below, I'm more into spending my money on new technology. But like you, I'm always curious at what cool stuff other members have. Good thread!

·
Are we there yet?
2,344 Posts
Here is mine. 1970 Torino Cobra, 429 4 speed. One of 7000 made in 1970. It's in the shop getting the engine bay detailed now then it's off to the paint shop. Gonna paint it back the original Ford yellow with blacked out hood. It has 77k miles and is all original except for paint.

And to keep this motorcycle related, here are my two antique bikes. The red one is a 75 and is completely original except for the rear tire and wheel which I have the correct one for it. The brown one is a 72 model resto done by Radbiker of this board. He did a great job on it huh?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
My wife has a 1996 Toyota Avalon w/170K miles, and I have an 02 1800 w/40k miles. I'm just darn lucky to have them both and afford the insurance. :oops: Teachers are poor people. :roll:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Classic car

I have a 67 Ford XL Fastback,springtime yellow
with 390ci,bucket seats,floor shift auto,original paper work.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I have a 51 Chevy pickup with 14722 miles on it. It belonged to a Great Aunt of mine who owned a ranch and when She died in 1957 they put the pickup in a barn where it sat until 1978 when my Dad bought it. We moved it to our barn where it has been since. It has receipts from where she had bought gas and oil, an old pair of dehorners , a bottle of "Old Log Cabin" whiskey which has since evaporated and as original spare tire that has never been on the ground. I also have a 72 Chevy pu that my daughter drove when she was in High School.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
hobo said:
'70 Vette here. T-Tops, 350/350. Last of the chrome bumpers.
the hobo
Hey hobo - 72 was the last year for chrome bumpers front and rear. 73 had a chrome rear bumper. Not doubting you have a 70, but your info's incorrect. I had several late sixties, early seventies vettes.

Current classics are a 70 plymouth hemi cuda with 28K on it, and an 87 Buick GN with under 7K on it. Both original cars.

If this post lasts, I'll grab a couple pics. They're in storage.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Wow...great cars and trucks. Like the 63 sub and galutes Torino. A guy at work has a 69 Torino that he bought new. I've got a 58 Chevy Yeoman wagon and a 41 Pontiac in the works.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Never have figured out how to post a picture on here (or put much effort into it actually), but, I have a very nice '79 Corvette for my other toy. It's an L82 with a 4 speed and 370 gears. Not fast by now standards, but, still a very fun drive. We try to attend several car shows each summer, and, I help a couple of car friends put on a large car show in Huntington, In, every July.

My daily driver is an '03 Dodge 1500 4 door 4wd p/u.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
old

Red 67 Volvo 122S, twin side draft SU's, 4 speed, daily runner.

·
Registered
792 Posts
No pictures but I've got a 50 Chevy pickup 5 window, 502 cu in Chevy tubo 400 and a 4:56 pos. rear end. Slowly making a street rod. And will more than likely give my 41 Plymouth pickup to my son so he can restore it.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
mr.b said:
hobo said:
'70 Vette here. T-Tops, 350/350. Last of the chrome bumpers.
the hobo
Hey hobo - 72 was the last year for chrome bumpers front and rear. 73 had a chrome rear bumper. Not doubting you have a 70, but your info's incorrect.

Dunno what i was thinking, i knew that. :oops: :oops: :oops:
You are absolutley correct. Mine's a daily driver,not a show car.
the hobo

1 - 20 of 61 Posts