GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Grumpy Fart
5,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on vacation and in Miami this morning and am very glad we brought the heated clothing along for our trip.

For all you Florida guys that brag about your weather,
I want to know where you can get that weed that you're smoking. It must be some good stuff.

·
Soon to be Former Member
7,732 Posts
I hear it's been getting cold down there. what's up with that? It's still gotta be warmer than up here.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
You can prolly find the wacky t'backy on just about every street corner down there!:nojoke:

Remember, you get what you pay for.:eek:

·
Registered
234 Posts
If you get some I would love to have some as well,I need a good nights sleep.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Well, this is the coldest day of the year in Florida, you got lucky. On Saturday it will be 78*. Regarding the weed in Miami, just go to any street corner and put in your request. Greg

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Spoke to a friend in Holly Hill,Fl. He said 19Deg. this morning. Not much better than the 10Deg. it was here.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Why does this post make me mildly happy as I sit (unable to ride) in 18 degree temps, snow and ice on the road?
I guess misery does love company.;);)

·
Registered
771 Posts
The weather for the next 4-5 days here in Wisconsin will be in the 38* - 44* range, a heat wave. Here in the greater Milwaukee area, the weather man said it could hit 50* by Saturday, 48* by Sunday and in the high 30's to low 40* all next week. What a change from two weeks ago, Florida's low temp's are Wisconsin's high temp's this time of the season, Spring is here!!! Hope you are enjoying your time away and having fun Hunzee.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
One thing about sunny Fla is that weather will change. Never stays the same long.(except from June to October) Warm up is coming for the weekend;);)

·
Grumpy Fart
5,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Missouri Charley was kind enough to let me leave the PU and trailer there. I'll post a couple of pics of that ice storm damage when we get home. I have never seen ice damage like they have it. I'm sure he will post some pics when he gets his power back in a month or two.

When we took off from Charley's it was 32 and snow and ice covered. It rained in New Orleans Sunday night. The coldest part of the trip was north of Tampa about an hour after the sun went down. 38 degrees, but it was piercing.

Most of the trip it was in the 50's and yea, it beats sitting still back home.;)

·
Registered
729 Posts
Doobie doobie doooooooo:eek:4:
I am on vacation and in Miami this morning and am very glad we brought the heated clothing along for our trip.

For all you Florida guys that brag about your weather,
I want to know where you can get that weed that you're smoking. It must be some good stuff.

·
Curious Member
877 Posts
I got a chuckle out of the weather report this morning too. Western Canada was in the mid teens celsius and Orlando was below freezing. Go figure.:a13:
Also saw a piece about a horse that had to be rescued after falling through ice on a frozen pond in Kentucky.
Etc...
Kinda figured everybody was just trying to make us snow bound riders feel bad by rubiing it in about their good riding weather. :lol:

:eek:4:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
In CA up around Mt. Shasta they advertize it! I couldn't believe it!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Must be that global warming we keep hearing about.

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Heck, I will take 7 days or less of below 30 here in Florida then 7 months you Northern riders get.... BTW, I have a 200 mile ride Sunday in mid 70's with my local riding group planned. ;) :joke: :coffee1:

·
Curious Member
877 Posts
In CA up around Mt. Shasta they advertize it! I couldn't believe it!

I'll bet there are a lot of unplanned stops when that sign is spotted. BTW would that be considered "high" country.

:confused:

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Mid 70's for this weekend. Weather sounds fine to me.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts