GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In one way I hate this time of year. With Jan. temps in the low 40's, I am so anxious for it to get just a bit warmer so I can break out the bike and ride. But I know we have a few more months before good riding weather comes.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Heated gear is the solution to keep you riding comfortably in those temps and that way you don't have to put the bike up for months at a time and suffer PMS.(parked motorcycle syndrome)

Reactions: Drair and JoeHall

·
Registered
206 Posts
Today was the day for a ride, got the bike out and up and over the mountain I went and I know my good buddy El Padr'e did the same, don't be afraid of getting COLD, just bundle up and RIDE...

·
Registered
7,930 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
It was 50 here in Cedar City today. I got the KLR out and did my running around town today. They put salt on the roads here in UT, so you have to keep that in mind also. Not just the temps. Had the snowmobile out yesterday up in the mountains. If I can't ride the bike, I ride the sled!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heated gear is the solution to keep you riding comfortably in those temps and that way you don't have to put the bike up for months at a time and suffer PMS.(parked motorcycle syndrome)
Probably would be. I don't have any, though, and am saving for a few upgrades to the bike for the tour of Southern Utah my wife and I are going to take this spring. Things like trunk lights for better visibility, highway pegs and passenger pegs, and so forth.

It seemed like when I lived in Washington, I rode at lower temps than I do here. I think the salt on the roads has something to do with it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
That would probably be a heat wave for you guys right about now. :wink2:
And today it got over 40.... this weather... ugh!!!

Now let’s try this.... Winning the lottery would be welcome...(seeing how well my wish for over 40 degrees turned out)

:grin2:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And today it got over 40.... this weather... ugh!!!

Now let’s try this.... Winning the lottery would be welcome...(seeing how well my wish for over 40 degrees turned out)

:grin2:
Hey, according to the groundhog we are going to have an early spring. So here's to hoping!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Actually on the 1st of this month the wife and I did a 240 round trip to Enterprise, Ore for our house. Was 29* when we left, got warmer as the day progressed, up to mid forties in some places. We rode "The Rattlesnake Grade" to Boggan's Oasis on the way down, stopped for lunch on the way home. Gotta love that heated gear!

Well got one pix right side up! Same pix.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Can't believe I missed this thread! There's always Death valley in February to warm up.

Reactions: CAWing

·
Registered
5,611 Posts
Thank God! For snow skies

Ronnie

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Can't believe I missed this thread! There's always Death valley in February to warm up.
Warm when you get there but you freeze your a$$ off getting there. :grin2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts