GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I picked up my non-tour DCT in late March I had taken a test ride on a tour model and didn't even realize that the non-tour had a much shorter windshield until I actually pulled out of the parking lot at HOR. I immediately ordered the tall Honda screen and have had it on the bike up until now. But with the hotter weather I decided to put the short windshield back on. What a fantastic improvement! Not only do I get the cooling breeze but the whole riding experience is different (in a good way). The bike feels more nimble and lighter. I know it's only a visual difference and not the 1 pound weight savings but I enjoy the bike more. Plus even the small windshield is pretty good at keeping the wind off your face when you need it.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Understood..... I use the stock GL1800 windshield but keep it at its very lowest setting allowing me to easily look over. I can’t stand looking through a shield and never understood how some could raise them to the highest level and be forced to look through it 100% of the time.

As I always say..... Life is full of choices!

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have the base wing and almost always keep the smaller shield at the lowest setting. It's a bike and that is why I enjoy the wind in my face - always have. I have a full shield in the car.

·
Registered
19,254 Posts
I have the DCT Tour with the stock shield which works for me.
I would prefer the F4 standard
With my mostly hot weather riding I prefer the smaller shields

·
Registered
772 Posts
16" F4 here and love it, even in rain or HWY speed I still don't need to raise it all the way up to protect me, I have no desire to look through a windscreen. I'm also a short guy though @ 5'8".

·
Registered
210 Posts
I am also short and do not like looking thru the screen. The stock one on my tour was too tall and I bought one used shorty on this site. It was a tad too short as I do like the option of having it go up enough to look thru for really bad weather. I cut the tour one down 2.5 inches and took it for a ride. Better, but I wanted it a bit lower, so I took another 3/4" off, sanded and polished the edges up nice. The modded shield is one inch taller than a stock shorty. Perfect for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts