GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Vendor
17,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In spite for Coronavirus, thankfully JustWings continue to get work. Many are taking this "down time" to get their Wing ready for summer travel.

This one needs to be put back together after the engine was removed by its owner for a transmission repair at another shop. Unfortunately the owner had passed away, and his son was able to "bail the engine" out of the other shop and now needs it all reassembled. The engine and parts are in the back ground.

Mr. Cash money came in for CB repair. Now he wants his lower front fender replaced while they are still available.

This low mileage 2016 was recently purchased used. The customer came in with concerns how his transmission shifts. Most likely a combination of services and repairs will correct his issue. Basically his complaint is that his transmission seems to "drag" when shifting. His lever was serviced, clutch bleed, and his Wing is waiting to have his suspension corrected. When he purchased it, it was lowered ... thus some of his shift move gears uphill, while others shifts move gears down hill.

This one was shipped form VA after a dealer up there did a transmission repair. Shortly after he developed what he thought was an engine noise. He chose to ship it to JustWings.

A 2005 with a fuel leak. I believe the owner had done a fuel hose repair to the high pressure fuel hose. What should have been done then is being done now ... all hoses to the fuel tank are being replaced.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Those pics of stripped down Wings just make me sweat. Like pics of cars with the whole dash pulled and a zillion wires everywhere.
I know to you at all makes sense. To me it looks like my personal hell.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Good to see you've got lots of work. (y)

Reactions: GoldWingrGreg

·
Registered
95 Posts
Pic #4 is spooky. How the heck does that come back together. What bolt goes where?
You have to be an essential employee to get that unit back on the road.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts