GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Road Warrior
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you know I am nearing the end of my 100,000 mile ride. I would like to add (as many as possible) some of the IBA in state ss1000 routes to my totals before March 10th, my end date. I can ride forever and a day but my route planning skills suck. If you have any completed routes and wouldn't mind sharing it can you please e-mail it to me @ [email protected]

I use either S & T or mapsource. If someone is really bored and has time to help me lay some routes out that would help a lot.
Neil is going to help me organize out my routes for the last 5 weeks or so but it would be nice to have some already thought out. Sheila

·
Registered
115 Posts
motorcyclemom40 said:
As most of you know I am nearing the end of my 100,000 mile ride. I would like to add (as many as possible) some of the IBA in state ss1000 routes to my totals before March 10th, my end date. I can ride forever and a day but my route planning skills suck. If you have any completed routes and wouldn't mind sharing it can you please e-mail it to me @ [email protected]

I use either S & T or mapsource. If someone is really bored and has time to help me lay some routes out that would help a lot.
Neil is going to help me organize out my routes for the last 5 weeks or so but it would be nice to have some already thought out. Sheila
An EASY instate SS-1000 for Florida for you to consider:

Williams (Not sure if its 24/7, I'll leave that to you)
7950 Pensacola Blvd
Pensacola, FL 32534
(850) 474-0329

Then I-10 to I-75 (corner)
Shell
3617 US-90
Lake City, FL 32055
(386) 752-8759

Then I-75 South, until "turnaround". The first candidate "JUST" makes the distance;
Shell
5944 20th St E
Ellenton, FL 34222
(941) 723-307

Head back to the beginning. "Shortest" makes 1,001.4 miles, "quickest" (the actual route you would ride, makes 1,003.6 milies. Go to the next stop in Bradenton if you want more cushion. This route keeps you out of most of the heavy traffic that you would encounter if you went over to I-95. The only likely bottleneck on this route is at the Wildwood exit, and that bottleneck rarely slows one down for more than one or two minutes while cars jockey for position to exit to the Florida Turnpike. Traffic typically moves pretty fast on this route, like nine to ten MPH over the speed limit of 70 MPH, so be careful not to get run over!

I have no idea how to attach the route in S&T, but if you use 2006 version, I could e-mail it to you to the address in the MTF Tourer's Assistant database.

--- OR ---

You could download my route from the upcoming MTF SS-1000 April 28, 2007, and use that route in reverse. It has already been pre-certified, and the stops have already been verified. It'll bring you all the way down to Ft Myers though.

Warmest regards.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
For the instate, does that mean start and end in the same state only, with excursions across state lines allowed during the course of the ride, or do you mean that the whole route has to be in one state alone?

Routes of the latter sort in states like Nevada, Illinois, Iowa, Texas, and Florida, are reputed to get you extra points but are murder on the minds of ill-prepared riders. :wink:

·
Road Warrior
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Ruben

Leftwinger, the whole ride has to be done in one state alone for it to qualify as an in state ss and to get the special pin. After doing 98,000 miles already this year I think my mind is pretty much gone already :lol:

(If you were to ask my husband he would tell you my right mind left about the time I started doing IBA rides)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts