GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much consideration I finally decided to buy one of the last 2010 models instead of a new 2012. Why you ask? Well for a bunch of reasons. 1. great out the door price 2. $1000 worth of Honda Accesories 3. .99% financing 4. same color and body as my 2005 so farkles are interchangeable and last but not least there's no "yellow" for 2012, but there is for 2010. I like yellow!

So, now I'm going to have a high (110,000) mileage 2005 ABS model for sale. As I've read here many times I'll get virtually zero for all the accessories I've added, so by buying an identical model I can keep most of the stuff I like. When I first asked the question on this forum a few months you guys said I'd be lucky to get 10 grand for the 2005, but it wasn't clear whether that was with or without stripping off the accessories. Any thoughts out there? Is there a blue book type service for 2005 high mileage bikes?

·
Registered
812 Posts
http://www.nadaguides.com/ works, but isn't good at taking care of all of the bolt ons. Those are left up to the buyer / seller. NADA will give you a baseline, with a significant range.

Everything else seems to be up to the "market" value.

jason

·
Registered
65 Posts
And here I thought I was the only one with a yellow Wing. Congrats on the new bike.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Emphasize the positive: A 2005 has had most of the engineering improvements to the frame and engine mapping, and has ABS without the addition of the GPS. The only draw-back I'd see is the old sound system, but if that has been upgraded, you don't need it on the new one.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
And you concider your bike high milage because???? that bike is just gettin broken in. I have a yellow 02 approaching that milage and runs good as new.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Sure would like to see pictures of the 05. Where are you in relation to Portland ?? Haven't been back there since 2000 and too many new suburbs.

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Most farkles add little to the value of a bike. If you like 'em, keep em. If you don't you might wish to try to sell them seperately.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Only one with a yellow one

Your the only one with a 2011.LOL

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have no doubt my 2005 would go another 100,000 miles without any engine or drivetrain problems. It's never missed a beat so far and still doesn't use a drop of oil. It's been meticulously maintained ever since I got it. The stuff I worry about is the nickel and dime switches, electrical components and stuff like that. I just don't want to be stranded in the boonies somewhere because a $2.00 part failed and I get out in the boonies quite often.

I live in Sunriver Oregon which is about 160 miles southeast from Portland on the dry side of the Cascades. In fact I'll be riding over there this afternoon. It's a nice 3 hour ride, right past Mt Hood.

When I'm ready to sell the 05, I'll list it here and post as many photos as I can.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts