GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
18 tour dct. After update I no longer get the full nav menu when bike is in motion. That the icons for go home are grayed out and not accessible.
Anyone have a clue or a fix? Thanks

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Hit the return button and press enter again. The "Go Home" navigation will appear the second time. silly, I know, but that's what we got.

·
Registered
368 Posts
18 tour dct. After update I no longer get the full nav menu when bike is in motion. That the icons for go home are grayed out and not accessible.
I had the same issue, until someone pointed out that the Home was deleted with the Update. All your radio settings were deleted too.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I had the same issue, until someone pointed out that the Home was deleted with the Update. All your radio settings were deleted too.
Scott,

I think you missed the “While in motion” not in memory.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Scott,

I think you missed the “While in motion” not in memory.
Thanks, but no I didn't miss the "motion". Once the update is installed, the Home location is wiped out. If there is not a Home location programmed in, the button is grayed out. That's how it worked on my bike. I updated to the V2 of the update, but have yet to reinsert the Home location, as the bike is in hibernation for the winter.

Reactions: marcparnes

·
Registered
612 Posts
Thanks, but no I didn't miss the "motion". Once the update is installed, the Home location is wiped out. If there is not a Home location programmed in, the button is grayed out. That's how it worked on my bike. I updated to the V2 of the update, but have yet to reinsert the Home location, as the bike is in hibernation for the winter.
Ok, I was assuming he re-entered home! My bad!

Reactions: riderguy57

·
Registered
7,562 Posts
Enter a home location (again).

From upgrade instructions:

Notes:
Updating your navigation system will overwrite your favorites and history, and also resets the system "beep" tone volume to the default value. Updating the system will not affect radio presets.

('Home' is a favorite)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts