GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
So what you're telling us is nine rights make a left?

·
Banned
1,633 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Reminds me of driving in New Jersey. If you want to make a left all you have to do is take the next right.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Seems to me that near Novi, MI must be in there somewhere.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I remember when I first moved to Atlanta that "spagetti junction" was real tough to follow. Once I didn't have to try and read street signs it was a lot better. Of course when I first heard of it I thought these southerners are not real pc because in St. Louis we call the Italian section "The Hill". Every set of directions in Atlanta seemed to include spagetti junction or the big chicken.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
In Des Monies, they call it the "Mix Master." In Binghamton, New York, it's called "Kamikaze Curve."

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
It is Russia! ...

I bet everyone makes a quick left instead
:twisted:

but of course the penalty is death if you get caught
:)

Dennis

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
bcdad said:
Reminds me of driving in New Jersey. If you want to make a left all you have to do is take the next right.
Yea... no biggie here in the good ol' Garden State. Probably the craziest roads, craziest drivers, and craziest traffic on the planet. Here's a little piece of my "home town" of Woodbridge, NJ. I drive (ride) this every day to work.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
That area in Jersey is one of the worst traffic areas in the country. NJ Turnpike, Garden State Parkway, Rte 9, Rte 1, Rte 287 all intertwine. It is great just watching out of staters and some Jersey people when they are confronted by all the ramps, turns, signs, directionals and of course throw in the toll booth or two. :wink:

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I don't have a picture of it but in Los Angeles, there is one freeway interchange that at one point has 5 levels of traffic stacked up vertically. Amazingly, signage is clear and last minute lane changes seem to be rare and I have never seen an accident there. Someone must have really thought that one out before implementing it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
That reminds me of the old joke about two Russians talking (while riding a motorcycle of course). 1st asks the 2nd, "Comrade, what is difference between Capitalism and Communism?" The 2nd answers, "Easy, in Capitalism, man exploits man. In Communism, is other way around."

That came to mind since the map denotes how to effect a left turn and we know Communism is a leftist organization.

"Lenin's tomb is a communist plot!"

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Soloquest,

I am sooooo disappointed. I fully expected to see a Wing threading the needle on that spagetti bowl.

:lol:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
You know you're from Jersey if:

Directions include take the jughandle and you understand

You describe where you live as an exit number

·
Registered
443 Posts
In Russia the subways are very difficult to navigate. My wife and I made many U-Turns on the subway there. On the busses we could never find a place to buy tickets so we just got on and rode, was told later this was very dangerous.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts