GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am taking off on a 2500 mile trip with my baby girl and need to get this taken care of before we leave.

I have an 07 wing with only 27K on it. I bought it a little less than a year ago with 3k on it, (I tend to ride a tad) anyway I have noticed that I am getting more and more engine vibration being felt in the grips. Is there a specific area I should start looking at to get this vibration isolated?

The bike used to run so smooth that I couldn't tell it was running until I twisted the throttle. Now even at a sedate pace I feel the vibrations and they are definatley related to the rpm's not the speed?

Should I look at mounts, tuning issues, etc?

Thanks In advance

See you out there
Smokey

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
If the vibration is present when the bike is not moving, I would suspect a spark plug not firing. However, if it occurs when the bike is moving, since you didn't mention how many miles were on your current set of tires, I would look at them. You could have tread separation in them.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Anti dive sticking??

Does bike vibrate sitting still at idle or when throttle is cranked a bit??
Plugs ??

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
vibs

Smokey, Consider having someone ride your

bike. **The human factor and all. **

Seems to me; anything that would vibrate

in failure mode would also make a noise

and be very noticable.

The two wings I have owned had a vibration in

the handlebars; hence the dampers.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Sometime in the recent past you must have parked too close to a Harley !!!:eek:4:

·
Registered
547 Posts
If you have a concern and you have such low mileage, why haven't you taken the bike to the dealer and have them check it out :cool:

You do have a warranty

Put it to good use

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I am taking off on a 2500 mile trip with my baby girl and need to get this taken care of before we leave.

I have an 07 wing with only 27K on it. I bought it a little less than a year ago with 3k on it, (I tend to ride a tad) anyway I have noticed that I am getting more and more engine vibration being felt in the grips. Is there a specific area I should start looking at to get this vibration isolated?

The bike used to run so smooth that I couldn't tell it was running until I twisted the throttle. Now even at a sedate pace I feel the vibrations and they are definatley related to the rpm's not the speed?

Should I look at mounts, tuning issues, etc?

Thanks In advance

See you out there
Smokey
When you say

"the vibrations and they are definitely related to the rpm's not the speed"

have you tried setting still and revving up the engine?

If so, at what RPM does this vibration start???

Does it continue to get worse as the RPMs go up or does it just start and stay the same level as when it started??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts