GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
IronMan
17,639 Posts
YOU GETTING LIKE "LARRY" AND SOMETHING NEW COMES OUT N YA GET "EXCITED " ABOUT IT ! :surprise::wink2:

Reactions: Brian Dunham

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I only want to ride it once. If I owned it I would get myself in trouble.
I talked to my buddy today and he had just taken a test ride on one. He mirrored your comments. Just something to get into trouble with, but he loved it!!!

Rayjoe

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Yamaha has been making one for years...it's called a VMAX.
I agree and the V-Max power makes the Indian seem like a moped. I certainly am not trying to criticize anyone, but, just a name on a gas tank seems to draw a lot of attention.

The only V-Max I rode did not handle worth a [email protected]#n. Also the V-Max is a four cly. The Indian and the KTM are twins. Ducati also makes a hot rod twin. The big difference in my mind is handling and technology.

I have an 84 V65 Sabre that was the hottest thing in it's day, until the V-Max came out. It is a four cly. also. It handles better than the V-Max I rode, but is still not comparable to modern bikes.

I personally never cared for the old style Indians. This is a bike I would be interested in if I were lots younger.

Rayjoe

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I got to throw a leg over the Indian FTR1200S today (no test rides...bummer) and it had a nice relaxed riding position. I think I'll wait a year or two and pick up a used version.

·
Registered
83 Posts
That KTM is definitely a “hooligan” bike! Lots of fun. :thumbup:

:doorag:
I don't have the Super Duke R, but do have a 1290 Super Adventure R (ADV bike). "Only" 160hp-but an absolute ball to ride-especially on dirt roads! KTM does an amazing job bringing the technology and performance together.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts