GL1800Riders Forums banner

indianapolis Seat

998 views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  JD 
#1 ·
I am a little over six foot five and am wanting my seat back moved toward the rear a couple of inches. I was told at the local dealer someone in Indy did this work on a regular basis. he of course couldnt remember who.
Anyone here have any idea who might do this work for me?

#7 ·
Hey Gomer..........I'll shorten your arms too.

Eddie Dale told me you were riding a RUNE. You must have kept the wing ? Of course if I had one of those high paying jobs with the electric company, I'd have more than one motorcycle too.

I know where a stock seat is, if you don't like how yours turns out.

Semper Fi..............OORAH!

#8 ·
Thanks for both the offers of surgery. A man in Beirut, Lebanon wanted the Rune a lot more than i wanted it so its on a boat or might be there by now. Did you trike yours? I think i might try Dreyers north.
And it is your stock seat let me know I wanna get one with eagle globe and anchor made.

#9 ·
Might try Russell seat company, I'm 6'3 and have been using there seats for years on my Wings and other bikes. They build the seat to your specifications and can move you back and up. Also there seat has a spring in it that goes from side to side to support your hips.

Yes they do have a real guarntee and stand behind it. Believe me there worth looking into. They build the seat off your OEM seat pan and can do the drivers section and if you want can also do your passengers.

http://www.day-long.com/http://gl1800riders.com/forums/www.day-long.com

I am a little over six foot five and am wanting my seat back moved toward the rear a couple of inches. I was told at the local dealer someone in Indy did this work on a regular basis. he of course couldnt remember who.
Anyone here have any idea who might do this work for me?

#11 ·
Yep, I triked the 1st of June last year. Got nearly 10,000 on it. Love it.

The spare seat belongs to a friend in Brazil. I'm pretty sure it has a Utopia back rest. He's big on e-bay so he might have sold it. But it's no big deal you can find plenty of them for $100 bucks on so.

Keep 'em covered at Cayuga, I'll watch'em here at Wabash.

I think you'll love the wing after you get a big boy's seat. I take your wife still won't ride???

#12 ·
seats

My hartco international sits me up about an inch and back a welcome
2 inches, it works for me at 6 ft 3, and it might work for you also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.