GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone own any of the indoor only dust covers. I have seen the Nelson Rigg and the Dowco, but nothing else. I am reluctant to get the Dowco after being less than satisfied with the half cover I had from them.

The reason why I want an indoor one is because they are softer and easier to put on and take off.

Any recommendations?

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Larry,

The "Dowco Guardian Duster M/C Cover" is excellent.

I have gone through a lot of "interior" covers over the years and this is the one that works best for me.

Dawg

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
I just bought a Dowco for my Valk(XL). It fits fine and has performed flawlessly for two weeks. :D

·
Registered
20,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bulldog, what are the other indoor covers have you used that you didn't like?

·
Registered
20,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had thought about just using a bedsheet but some of the covers out there are heavier with fleece lining. My shop where I keep the bike is also the rear entrance to the house. I was hoping that a cover would better protect it if someone bumped into it with something.

Is a bed sheet even big enough to cover an 8.5 ft long and 5 ft tall bike? I don't think this is the route I will take because indoor covers are cheap, but I'm just curious.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Larry,

Sheets, towels, blankets will work. The Cover is a better option due to being fitted, heavier etc.

Protection for 3 - 5 months for lets say 5 years (15 -25 months) Price of cover $55 - $70 ABOUT $2.80 a month using the 5/25 scenario. Take care of your cover and you will get more service out of it and drive that $2.80 a month right down to nothing.

Some times, one can over think these things.

Bulldog

·
Registered
20,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't worry Bulldog. I'm not overthinking it and I'm not worried about the cost. It is relatively cheap protection as far as I'm concerned.

I just want to get the best cover for winter storage and didn't want to buy the Nelson Rigg or the Dowco, end up unhappy with it and then end up buying a second cover next year. I went through that stuff with windshields. :lol: :?

I appreciate everyone's recommendations.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts