GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Maylong ML500 GPS mounted, connected to AUX audio, works great. Open box resale at Fry's Electronics in Fishers, Indiana. $84.55 plus an extension cord for the audio hook-up.

This thing has a Micro SD slot, probably has capabilities I'll never use. Just wanted a basic GPS with audio output, got it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Did the mount come with it?

If not, what brand do you have and how is it fastened to handle bar.

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My mount

Home fabricated mount. It comes with a pretty much standard style suction cup type mount. I used a couple of spacer bushings, longer screws, and some 1/8" X 1 1/2" steel. Drilled/formed holes, put some bends in the metal after cutting to length and rounding the corners. Shiny black paint and minor modification to the mount. Mounted it to the clutch lever clamp. I did not use the suction cup. I still need to figure out what/how to attach a safety lanyard, as the GPS unit snaps into the mount and I don't trust it to stay there with some of the jolts the front suspension has to absorb. The one pic of the back is too dark I guess to see much of the mount detail. I'll post it here again.

http://www.maylonggroup.com/ML-500_PND.htm

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts