GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Traveling to Moab Utah next month.
Looked at a few motel prices,scared me to death!:22yikes:
Does anybody know of a reasonably priced (less than $100.00 per night)
clean place to stay around there?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Motel6. I know, it's s cheapie motel but this one is a really nice one and the only thing it might not have is the breakfast. Maybe coffee and doughnuts. Looks a lot like a Holiday Inn Express. It's on the outskirts of town so you would have to ride in to find eating.

http://www.motel6moab.com/

Check it out on Google Maps.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I just checked the rates and they're not as cheap as you would think!

Checked a September date and they want $130 for a Motel6????

Maybe not the best place if thats their price?

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
When my wife and I travel, we usually can find a Hampton Inn for either $89 or $99 per night. Just did a search on their website for Moab, UT. Dang! It's $189.00 per night! Moab must be a ritzy town.

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Moab is definitely a tourist destination and lodging comes at a price. You wouldn't know that the economy has been in a free fall by their prices. :eek:4:

·
Registered
2019 Tour DCT
164 Posts
I just got back from Moab area 3 weeks or so ago.. stayed at the LaQuinta for $99 a night.. was very nice. Several restaraunts within walking distance. I got the reservation through travelocity.

Moab is an upscale (pricewise) tourist town but nice. I also have stayed in Green River which is off
I-70 and ridden into Moab, Arches and Canyonlads NPs. Prices there were much easier on the wallet.

Good luck and ride safely.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Try Americas Best Value Inn....

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
At a guess, are you going there during speed week?

·
Registered
491 Posts
I was there a couple of years ago and stayed in one of the cabins at the KOA. Only downsides are communal toilets and showers and you need to bring sleeping bags. The upside is $35.00 a night.

G

·
We just got back from a trip out to the west coast (washington) and for the most part motels were $59-$75.
In the mountains we stayed in the Ma and Pa older units which were nice and clean, just older. Otherwise it was super8. it really payed to call a couple hours in advance as we got the corporate rate not the escalated rate ( Sturgis Farm Fest rate)
The only place we got hosed was at West Yellowstone which was $160 just because it's west Yellowstone.
The normal Farm Fest price was the normal price + $50 so calling ahead saved us the $50 three times.

We normally ride until noon then figure out where we will be then call for prices. GPS does a great job of listing the available motels in an area.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Interesting, I've never paid more than 70 bucks for Motel 6 in Moab.

·
Registered
546 Posts
When my wife and I travel, we usually can find a Hampton Inn for either $89 or $99 per night. Just did a search on their website for Moab, UT. Dang! It's $189.00 per night! Moab must be a ritzy town.
Not sure I'd call it ritzy, but it is a popular destination with limited accomodations. Wherever you choose to stay, and whether or not you bite the bullet on the Hampton (my choice when I go there), my recommendation is that you make a reservation and do not try to pull in at 5 pm expecting to find a vacancy. I've been there many times, in various motels, watching folks turned away and discovering there were no rooms available in Moab proper. Moab is not one of the places I travel to without having a reservation. West Yellowstone, Jackson Hole, and Kalispell are other examples where you can come up short without a reservation. Feel free to drive across Kansas without a res and worry, on the other hand...:joke:

G

·
If you go down the road a ways to Monticello, you'll find several hotel/motels much more reasonably priced. I was there a couple of years ago and Monticello worked very nicely for a series of day rides. It's about 50 miles up to Canyonlands/Arches, 60 miles east to Mesa Verde with a nice loop down to Four Corners and back to Monticello, and 30 miles west to Natural Bridges.

Monticello is far more rustic than Moab but far more affordable.

·
Registered
844 Posts
If you go down the road a ways to Monticello, you'll find several hotel/motels much more reasonably priced. I was there a couple of years ago and Monticello worked very nicely for a series of day rides. It's about 50 miles up to Canyonlands/Arches, 60 miles east to Mesa Verde with a nice loop down to Four Corners and back to Monticello, and 30 miles west to Natural Bridges.

Monticello is far more rustic than Moab but far more affordable.
:agree:

Either Monticello or Green River. If you go check out the Needles area. Good ride

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
'07 Orange Crate,
While I can't give you good info on hotel rates like your other replies have sent you, I can tell you, if you've not been there before, it's a cool little town. We've been going to the Easter Jeep Safari for 14 years straight. It's not a large town, in fact, start to finish, if you hit the 6 or 7 stop lights right, you can be all the way through it in about 5-6 minutes.

But, that's only if you're passing through. There's tons of little T-shirt shops, curios shops, eateries etc. etc. etc. Like what's been mentioned before here, there's Canyon land state park and Arches state park too. Both are very neat places to visit. Lots to see. There's all the stores you'll need for all the supplies. Just outside of town to the south about 5-10 miles on 191 south is a turn off to the La Salle mountains. That's great little scenic loop you can take. We've done it in the end of winter-early fall and sometimes we're cutting snow to get to the top but, incredibly scenic.

Anyway, hope you find accommodations, it's a neat place.
Scott

·
Registered
225 Posts
If you are a GWRRA member one of the benefits is 20% off at the Wyndham hotels. That includes a number of brands such as Super8, Days Inn, Travelodge, Microtel etc. Some of the hotels can be sketchy so it's worth checking feedback at trip advisor.com first. However the brands do include a couple of higher quality ones such as Hawthorn Suites.

This won't necessarily make an expensive area cheap...just less expensive.

·
Registered
149 Posts
We like Bestwestern. We get points, aarp rates along with clean safe rooms. Sign up online first. We have enough points for a free night and the sent us a fifty dollar coupon which my son used on his trip to LA. We have never paid more than a hundred per night taxes included. Have a great trip! How much is peace of mind worth. Found a hotel in Texas once for thirty dollars. One look and I asked for my money back. Time to move on to greener pastures.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts