GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought the Infernos from CycleMax, and installed them a few days ago. They have a heat range from 1 to 5, with 5 being hottest. I am eager for cooler weather, to fully test them. So far, only one day with temps in the 50s. That day, 5 was too hot, and 2-3 was nice and toasty, with light leather gloves. The next couple of days's temps are supposed to be in the 50s, so I plan more testing then.

Does anyone else here have any experience with the Infernos?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
No experience with them.
But, the heated cloth seats in my '01 VW TDI will start your pants on fire on "5" over an extended time. They actually had a recall on those, which I ignored. When it's -20*F you need all the help you can get with something that warms up as slow as that thing.

Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
790 Posts
@JoeHall inquired about these heated grips.

I like the fact that you get new rubber grips with the heating elements.

I just installed some Oxford heated grips on my FJR1300. This would be a similar install for me.

As cold and wet weather is here, do we have some Show Chrome Inferno heated grips users here?

Any problems with the controller?

Where are people installing this controller?

Tell us please. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@JoeHall inquired about these heated grips.

I like the fact that you get new rubber grips with the heating elements.

I just installed some Oxford heated grips on my FJR1300. This would be a similar install for me.

As cold and wet weather is here, do we have some Show Chrome Inferno heated grips users here?

Any problems with the controller?

Where are people installing this controller?

Tell us please. Thanks.
My Infernos work great. No problems with the controller, which I located on the right side, where earlier GL1800s located the OEM controller.

I have ridden in temps as low as 35 so far with the Infernos; still using only light gloves, but also use Knuckle Warmers to keep the wind off my hands. With this combo, if the controller is on its hottest setting of #5, my palms get too warm (hot), but the rest of my hands are comfortable. So I usually set it on #4, but may need #5 if temps are closer to 30. I dislike wearing the bulky, full gloves, so gonna see how long I can continue with the light gloves this year. Without the Infernos, I'd have been using them when temps dropped into the 40s.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Could you please post a picture or two showing where you installed that controller?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Christmas Gift from super nice GF or wife?

Joe if you get these for Christmas, wear them to the New Year's Day RTE and let us know how they work with your new heated grips. They ain't cheap!

http://leeparksdesign.com/deersports-pci/

"and for those with heated grips, they actually absorb the heat and Outlast's conductive properties warm both sides of your hands, without burning your palms like unlined gloves can."

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Joe if you get these for Christmas, wear them to the New Year's Day RTE and let us know how they work with your new heated grips. They ain't cheap!

http://leeparksdesign.com/deersports-pci/

"and for those with heated grips, they actually absorb the heat and Outlast's conductive properties warm both sides of your hands, without burning your palms like unlined gloves can."
Bet they'd be nice. But everyone I know is poor, so I probably will not find a pair of those under the tree. LOL

Reactions: igetaround

·
Registered
25 Posts
I’ve had them a year now and they have worked great! I installed the control just above the radio buttons on the left hand side.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I’ve had them a year now and they have worked great! I installed the control just above the radio buttons on the left hand side.
Could you please show us with a picture?

I'm actually thinking of mounting on a 45
degree angle Bracketron Handlebar Mount:

Just don't see where I have room to mount on a flat panel?

Other possible locations marked by yellow dots:

·
Registered
790 Posts
Inferno heat grip people, please show us where you put your controllers.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My left side is different from yours. I put it there because I hooked up power there. If you get power on the left side you can put it above or below the lock on lower left panel. I will try to take a pic tomorrow.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Has anyone swapped out the Show Chrome Inferno controller for an Oxford controller?

• It's controller unit uses a sealed-for-life welded case construction for long-term durability and weatherproofing
  • It has the Battery Saving Mode protects against flat batteries by switching off if you leave it on.

It's black and matches our trim better.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts