GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've lived here in Ar. for 35 years and drove over the road truck even longer and I have never seen much of west Ar. My brother and his SO are riding their GW trike from Fl. next week and I promised to show them the best riding that Ar, has to offer. I have riden Hwy 9 from Melbourne to Sylamore and on into Mt. View and plan to do that ride and ride on to Push Mt. and plan to spend the night in or around Jasper. Where is the resturant there that sits on top a mountain I hear good things about? And I have heard mention of the Hub around there. If anybody knows any good sights and eating places around Jasper please fill me in.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Downtown Jasper has the Ozark Cafe. Great place for just great home cooked meals. The restaurant on the side of the mountain is south of Jasper on Hwy 7. It is called the Cliff House. When you get there you will quickly see the reason for the name. The Hub is between Jasper and Harrison. On Hwy 7 Spur. The motel is an older motel but is clean and the owners cater to bikers. Scooters restaurant at the Hub has the best prime rib you will find in the area. Quite reasonable in price. The closest place for an adult beverage will be Harrison. If you know anything about the area we are wet for the first time in fifty years. You need to ride 123 through Mt Judea and 74 west out of Jasper to Ponca. Any direction you take will be a great ride.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
+1 on the Cliff House.

Been to the HUB many times - great Prime Rib.

Staying there for 9/10th of Sept.

Great little country store/diner at Oark (no 'Z') don't ask me how to get there though :lol:

Free ferry ride from AR to MO not too far away either.

Ride to Eureka Springs is nice also. Lots of things to do there... good places to eat.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
the other restaurant that's up on a mountain is the Lodge in Queen Wilhelmena State Park, just outside of Mena, AR. Fabulous riding in the Ouachita's. From Mena, west past the Lodge, we have the Talimena Scenic Trail (which is like a shorter version of the BlueRidge Parkway) into eastern Oklahoma.

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,998 Posts
A good circle route out of Jasper would be Hwy 74 East to Hwy 123. Turn right and stay on 123 until it junctions with Hwy 7.

Then turn South until you come to the junction of hwy 16 and 123. Turn West on 123 and stay on it until it junctions with 292. Take that over to hwy 21 and go North.

When you junction with hwy 43 take it to the right until you hit hwy 74. Turn right again and this will take you back into Jasper.

Warning, be prepared to do a lot of leaning. :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts