GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
John,
Guys on the motorcycle tourer's forum, http://forums.delphiforums.com/MCTourer/start, head it up. I went for the first time last year and just did it for the ride.. the Moonshine store is a real throwback in time and the burgers are good.
They have stuff going on Thursday through Sunday in Casey IL, most of it centers on eating. This year my wife is going but again I just ride for the Saturday moonshine run.
Paul

·
Registered
999 Posts
I personally haven't done the "run" because Moonshine, Ill. is in my backyard so to speak.

I have eaten many a "moonburger". You can do that everyday but Sunday.

Better have a local guide or a GPS. Not very well marked. However, everybody in this part of the country are swell folks and more than happy to give directions. Stop in Martinsville, ILL. and ask for help "before you get lost".

·
Registered
92 Posts
Moonshine

Yes. If you want to meet several nice folks who share the love of riding on two wheels it is great. When I was a kid I lived a stone's throw from the old country store. People show up from all over the US just to get a Moonburger. The folks that run the store are great people.

Terry, (ACL or as he often pokes fun at himself and says Terry Two Wrecks) lives two blocks down the street from me. He opens up his garage, supplies all the soft drinks, chips, pork, beef that he will cook on the grill on one evening before the moonshine lunch run. He doesn’t charge a dime. He does it for the love of the camaraderie of those that ride.

Check out the link to the Moonshine run. Terry is the real deal and the Event is the real deal. No strings attached just a lot of clean fun. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I have wanted to try it, but it always seems to be the same weekend as the TN Lunch Run.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I will be there. Staying at the Budget Host in Greenup.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Been wanting to go there forever! Might just have to drag Princess down there for a burger or 2 this time.

BAT

·
Registered
796 Posts
I stopped there a couple of years ago in Dec so I was in my pickup, yep it is hard to find but the guy I stopped to ask was very friendly, retired pastor, we had a good talk, longer than I expected and then when I went to leave a couple let me follow them back to the highway, I saw in on CBS Sunday morning so I had to stop, good food and quite a place to see, would like to do the Moonshine run but it's a bit cold to ride there. I hope to make in through in July headed to southern In then

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
If I recall, they've mentioned on the MTF that it always seem to rain at least part of the time during the Run. I think TnCharlies's done it a few times.

I'd like to go but without the crowd.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I was there last year. COLD, but fun. Also there is a resturant close to Moonshine where they cut the resturant in half, anyone know where it is? Thanks Buzz

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
I have never been there,l saw this ride posted on the other 1800 board...Went to their web site looks like a lot of fun,I have been thinking about maybe checking it out...Although I would really like to do the TN. lunch run...decisions decisions :shrug:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Moonshine Ride

From what I have heard, the population of Moonshine has been reduced from 2 to 1. If you are thinking of going, I would go.:p

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Mrs. Trek and I are going, we already have hotel reservations. I really hate that we'll miss the TN Lunch Run but it's hard to turn down an 800 mile trip to eat a Moonburger.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Went up in April of 2006. If I remember correctly there where over 350 bikes showed up for the Moonshine burgers. I arrived on Friday evening. Met up with a group of riders at Terry's house on Main Street in Casey that evening. Ate supper a with the group at a barn that had been converted into a restaurant. Real nice place. Then everyone meant up Saturday morning and rode out to Moonshine in small groups for the burgers. Had a great time. Go to MTA web site to fine out more on the event. The last to years the weather was bad. Might try and make it this year.:thumbup:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Bald Eagle,

Call me at this number I have a brother who lives about 5 miles from there I can help you with some information on Motels and such not much help with GPS things sorry. Might look at Motels in Marshall,Illinois I think there is a Super 8 there.

217-737-8174

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
There's a group of us going from Florida. It's in the discussion phase, but it will happen.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts