GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to meet my fellow riders for the first leg of our trip to Alaska in central Kansas. Does anyone have info on a gas station or service plaza on I-70 west of Salina, KS. that is easy to see from the interstate and easy on and off the highway. Tried to find something on the net, but no luck so far. I'm hoping that local info can help me out.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Last fall I went to Rockies Gold. I live 15 miles off I-70 in Missouri so it was I-70 for the 840 mile blitz.

I gassed at Bonner Springs, KS, Salina, Oakley, and Limon on my way to the Dillon, Co area.

There are plenty of fuel stops right on the hiway but exit 76 ay Oakley is very close and easy to find..

·
Registered
931 Posts
Hays or Wakenney along I-70. There is a Carlos O'kellys just off the exit (159 Hay's) to the North on the West side of the road, a McDonalds just South of the exit on the east side and numerous gas stations. At Wakenney(exit #127) there is a good gas station to the South of the exit on the West side, and a Mcdonalds to the North of the exit on the East side.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the Hays info, the Mcdonalds looks good to me. I see on the Google street view of that area that some road work is pictured. Do you know if that is current or not? I like street view photos, but you never know how old they are.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts