GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Bias Ply Rear Sport bike tire available in the right front tire size / it should be worth a try. Looks like it will mount either way..... If you try one let us know how it goes.... Good Find !!! :yes1:

·
Registered
572 Posts
People who ride the 2014 Can-Am Touring models (RT/RTS/RT-LTD) absolutely dislike them for their low mileage. With the new ACE 1330 3-cylinder motor, most of the rear tires are shot @6,000 miles. Has something to do with the 2ply construction and the weak sidewall.
You're right they are cheaper than the MPA or BT-45. I can't remeber if they are a Chineese or Korean made tire. The MPA and BT-45 have a well established track record on the front of a GW Trike. I had a MPA on my first trike. Because they were in very short supply in '09-10, My builder put a BT-45 on my new trike. Got 8,000 miles on it. Looks good. Run it @40-42 PSI.
Mike

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
People who ride the 2014 Can-Am Touring models (RT/RTS/RT-LTD) absolutely dislike them for their low mileage. With the new ACE 1330 3-cylinder motor, most of the rear tires are shot @6,000 miles. Has something to do with the 2ply construction and the weak sidewall.
You're right they are cheaper than the MPA or BT-45. I can't remeber if they are a Chineese or Korean made tire. The MPA and BT-45 have a well established track record on the front of a GW Trike. I had a MPA on my first trike. Because they were in very short supply in '09-10, My builder put a BT-45 on my new trike. Got 8,000 miles on it. Looks good. Run it @40-42 PSI.
Mike

Chinese! :eek:4: Tom :trike:

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies. Looks like I'll be sticking with the main players, BT45 and MPA. :bow:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts