GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are planning a trip to Maggie Valley in June of 2007. I was wondering if anybody can recommend any motorcycle friendly motels?

Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
I just made a res. at the Smoky Falls Lodge for later this month. They show a covered bike storage area on their website. I'll let you know when I get back.10/23/06

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks and look forward to your review. I checked out there web site and it looks nice.

Tom

·
Registered
15 Posts
maggie valley

Try the applecover inn stayed there for wings over the smokies, clean resonable and very bike friendly. call derriak he'll take care of you.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Try the prime rib at Snappy's.It's very good along with their Italian fare and salads.For Bfast the pancake house on the left as you head out of town towards Cherokee had great food.Country ham is delicious.There is a motel across the street from that we looked at but was full of bikers.Their rooms were all theme named and they looked nice and cozy.I can find the name if you want to pm me.have their card somewhere.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Lots of places to stay and the whole town is biker friendly. In addition to the already mentioned try Johnathon Creek Inn and Riverlet Motel.

·
Registered
192 Posts
My Chapter stayed at the Holiday Motel, just down from the Eagles Nest, It was very clean and reasonably priced. The owners are some of the nicest people we have run in to. It's not a fancy place but was extreemly clean and besides mostly you just sleep there and are out riding and seeing sights. They have a web sight. If you choose them tell them the Yellow Ducks from Kentucky recomemnded them.

Randie
C.D. KY-Y
G.W.R.R.A. # 154981
Patriot Guard # 58568
Master Rider # 6190

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the replies. I called a few places just to check and they said to wait until the beginning of the year to make reservations. Most don't have there rates set for 07.

Tom

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Stayed at Smoky Falls Lodge earlier this month. Room was great and they even have covered bike parking. Only drawback for a summer stay is the lack of a pool. I'm thinking about a stay next summer.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Been there last 2 years on trips,never found anybody not friendly. Most of the time you will find bikes all over the place. Snappy's agreat place to eat, and for breakfast on the way out of town is a great place can't think of the name. But when there you have to go to the wheel of times,The bikes and the stories he has is well worth it A great place to visit.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
We like the Park Inn in Waynesville. It is down town and has nice restaurants within walking distance.

·
Registered
419 Posts
We stayed at the MicroTel in Maggie Valley last September and was very pleased with it. Lots of bikes were there so it can't be to bad a place. As mentioned in an earlier post the Wheels of Time museum is a must see in Maggie Valley.

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
On our trip to the Hoot in knoxville tn, we stayed at the Bestwestern Sweetwater. Biker owned, ask for the OINK and Squeel Deal a discount for Bikers. We were able to ride the Cherahala Skyway and Deals Gap each Day. We made the trip to Maggie Valley one day and had a good time at the Wheels Of Time Museum. Good Luck!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Maggie Valley Motel

Highly recomend the ABBY INN they have a website, advertise in the Wing World and are very biker friendly. Towels to wipe the bikes down in the morning. Not a luxury place, strickly a clean Mom and Pop place. Nothing fancy, nice porch and beautiful view. Excellent prices.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts