GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'M 6'6 275PD'S HAVE DONE 12 TO 14 HRS ON STOCK SEAT, TIRED OF BACK AND TAILBONE PAIN. RIDE 2 UP WILL BE PULIING TRAILER ON NEXT ROAD TRIP.:shrug:

·
Registered
132 Posts
TS custom

I will be leaving tomorrow morning for Fayetteville to get a TS custom seat. I have researched for a year now.I can't get comforable on the stock seat. I will be back on the 24th and will let you know what I think.:excited:

·
Registered
224 Posts
TS Seats

Tom (T in TS) is very knowledgable and the quality of his seats is second to none. He will customize the seat for both you and your significant other. Also, if there are any issues (rare), he will resolve them. If I purchase a newer Goldwing that my current seat would not fit, I would be happy to have Tom modify the new seat. By the way, I am short and he was able to adjust the seat to help me feel more comfortable and secure (flat footed). I believe he can solve your issues and you will not be sorry.

·
Registered
77 Posts
ts seat

I just got my seat back from Tom Saturday. I have only been able to put 300 miles on it but it feels great. I am short so he lowered the seat and pushed me up closer to the handlebars. I had an Ultimate seat on my Valkyrie and was very satisfied with it but in my opinion the ts seat is better. I espcially like the material he uses. The other seats are incredibly hot in the sun. Never any problems with the ts seat. He is the only one that rips the seat appart and rebuilds it to your specifications. It is not a modification. You get what you pay for in this world, at least if your smart. So spend the extra money if you have it and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
I have owned 4 TS seats. 2002, 2005, SEEG (weak moment) and now on the 2008. Wifey says, new bike; new seat. Several Iron Butts and lots of long trips and swear by them. Tom is very meticulous on his seats and does a great job. If it was me, I would get a used seat from someone and let him work on that one while you ride the one you have.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I have a TS custom seat, I got it just over a year ago but I haven't had a long vacation with it yet. Come September my wife and I will be heading to the West coast from Missouri so I am hopeful the seat is great on all of those long days rides. On the stock seat our long vacations were quite a killer.

I like it so far, and you can see my bike and it's Tom Simmons seat in my avitar photo.

Bryan

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Tom Simmons Seats

I will sell my bike but not my Tom Simmons seat. Combine LD Comfort underwear and this seat and I am good for a long ways.

R

·
0 Posts
What MD11Pilot said!!! I've put 30,000 + on my TS seat and I will never have another bike without one of his seats on it.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
I have no experience with the TS Seat, but a custom seat "saddle" is the way to go. I had the same back-buttt ache problems with the stock saddle. I have the Heartco Pro-Tour and love it. All day on a trip is great comfort. Had one on my 1986 Venture Royale also.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I have a Hartco Seat also and Tom(?) Hart asks you whats wrong about your stock seat (and passenger seat) and what solutions you'd like to see. Typically the seat moves you 2" back and slightly higher. It give me (6'2") plenty of knee room and with Mic-O-Pegs, I can spread out.

Since you're 6'6", you have unique challenges, no matter what bike (or car/truck) you ride in/on. I imagine a Hartco Seat could move you further back... I would just hope your SO is skinny, because it takes away from her space.

BTW - I love my seat. I did a SS1000 recently and had no seating/butt issues whatsoever.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I had a HARTCO,didn't care for it,too cramped for some reason the stock seat was roomier. I always seem to end up with the RUSSELL DAY LONG SEAt

1 - 13 of 13 Posts