GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone living in the I.E. suggest a good dealer for service and or warranty work on the Wing?

The dealer where I purchased the bike is so messed up they lost all but one mechanic, and he is the son of the sales manager, not to mention I got underwear older than him and his knowledge of the GW is underwhelming.

Need a good dealer I can trust in my area.

Thanks gang.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Dealer

Are you in Spokane,,,or thereabouts? Where did you buy your bike?
PowerSports on N. Division or Westside Motorsports off I-90W are the only Honda dealers in that area, I believe. There is a dealer off I-90E between Post Falls and Coeur D'Alene. Also, there's Chets' Honda in Quncy and finally Shumate in the TriCities. I personally use Full Throttle in the TriCities.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No no, I'm in Southern California.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I recommend John Burr Cycles in Fontana. I didn't buy my wing from them but they have taken care of all the recall stuff, warranty items and any of the maintenance I don't want to do myself. Ask for either Ian or Dave in the service department. Great guys to do business with.
John Burr Cycles
9008 Sierra Ave, Fontana CA.
909-823-1338

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will do Jim. Actually when I was first shopping for the Wing, I went into John Burr for sales and couldn't even get anyone to help me so I walked out and made the purchase elsewhere.

Hopefully the service dept's customer service far exceeds that of their sales dept. I'll give them a shout.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow and here all this time I thought the only Inland Empire was in Calif. Man i gotta get out more.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
What kind of service dept does Chaparral have, if any? I know they sell Honda Goldwings. I take mine up to Tulare, which would be quite the trek for you.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chapparal is so large and I can't say I've ever had anything serviced their. The sales folks are suck jerks I try to steer clear of that shop unless I really need something. They carry a large inventory of parts.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Shooter you have a PM.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Chapparal

I have never had my wing into Chapparal but I had a problem getting the bottom bolts tightened on the front forks of my other bike. I brought them the forks, explained the problem, and they took the forks back to the shop. 15 minutes they returned the forks, all tightened up and said NO Charge. I generally do all my work but after that level of "Service" I might be tempted to try them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts