GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my belly pan from Hal last week. Since it is warm out I thought I would Install it. The pan is made by American Motorcycle Accessories. I have an 06 Premium model. I read the directions and said,"no sweat". I removed the two nuts on the side covers just in front of the riders foot peg. I began trying to install the pan but the hole in the pan would not go over the bolts. I stuck my finger around the bolts and found that there is a brace on each side of each bolt. There is no way I see that the piece of aluminum will slide onto the bolt without altering the pan. For those of you who have installed the belly pan; what am Idoing wrong? This should be the easiest accessory to install, but I just don't see getting it on there without altering the pan itself.
Thanks for any and all help!!!!

·
Registered
254 Posts
I had to slightly alter (widen) the bolt slots on one side of the bellypan on my 06. It fit the left side OK, but was off on the right. A pair of tin snips fixed that, it works well and can't be seen on the bike. I wonder if those foot doors new to the 06 model forced a slight bolt location change?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Belly pan

The pan fits between the bolt tabs and the motor. It does not go into the bolt tabs..

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tips. I will take another look tomorrow

·
Registered
162 Posts
The belly pan slots fits on top of the brace and the bolt goes through the brace than the belly pay. I installed the same pan on my 2006 ABS wing.
At first I was also puzzled but sat down with a cold drink and figured out what I was doing wrong.
Hope this helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts