GL1800Riders Forums banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
BB's

Yes i use the air soft BB's in my 1/2 ton pickup 4oz in each tire.in my 2012 gl1800 i use 2oz.in front&3oz.in rear.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Some info I received:

See page 5 of Feb 2010 Motorcycle Consumer News. From the article:

"Bottom line: Save your money for a proper spin balance."

That being said, seemed to work great on my Rune...
===============================================================
I was at a small accessories dealer who showed me a letter from Drag Specialities bad mouthing the dyna beads. Several tire companies (I did not get a copy of this) refuse to warranty their tires if Dyna Beads are in them. One claimed the beads were even wearing on the inside of the tire. There were many companies who spoke against them. All I know is I have them and am getting excellent mileage. To each his own I guess.

Jenkinsrawhide

·
Registered
10,849 Posts
===============================================================
I was at a small accessories dealer who showed me a letter from Drag Specialities bad mouthing the dyna beads. Several tire companies (I did not get a copy of this) refuse to warranty their tires if Dyna Beads are in them. One claimed the beads were even wearing on the inside of the tire. There were many companies who spoke against them. All I know is I have them and am getting excellent mileage. To each his own I guess.

Jenkinsrawhide
I have yet to learn of a single tire manufacturer that recommends the beads for passenger, light truck or motorcycle tires...

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Install Dynabeads and how they work..

Go to Dunlops website and look for the things that void warranty. Anything introduced into the tire will void the warranty. Also, noted there is if you pull a trailer it will void your warranty also.
Buckskin

I have yet to learn of a single tire manufacturer that recommends the beads for passenger, light truck or motorcycle tires...

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
My only worry is that when you get a new tire mounted, that all the beads will be all over the tire's shops floor, I can't stop feeling that this could piss off the tire changer...(PS: I have never use the beads myself personally, BUT totally thinking about it now that I've been reading this post.................... I HAVE A TRIKE, WILL THIS MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE???

Ronnie

·
Registered
124 Posts
So am I to understand from that video of the water bottle, that you will have an unbalanced wobble at low speeds, especially after a stop?

I am asking this as opposed to a properly (and I say properly) weight balanced tire that should be balanced at any speed.

In town riding could cause early wear with the dynabeads?

I'm wondering if it just wouldn't be good in the long run to invest a little money in a tire balancer and use weights.

Just thinking out loud here. Not sure which way to go for myself.
Technically yes, the wheel is unbalanced at slow speeds. The beads seem to be settled in place by 20 mph they stay in place till nearly stopped. You do not notice the unbalanced tire because the tire has little influence over the bike at that slow speed. On the other hand they are always re-balancing the tire so, as the tire wears it stays balanced and wears more evenly.

·
Registered
831 Posts
My only worry is that when you get a new tire mounted, that all the beads will be all over the tire's shops floor, I can't stop feeling that this could piss off the tire changer...(PS: I have never use the beads myself personally, BUT totally thinking about it now that I've been reading this post.................... I HAVE A TRIKE, WILL THIS MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE???

Ronnie
I used them for years and it was never a problem. I told the tire changer the old tire had dynabeads and that I wanted to re-use them in the new tire. They would just use a small plastic cup to scoop out the old beads and place them in the new one.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Had my tire guy install the beads in some new Stones I had installed on the wing. He said he just had to have a ride to see if the beads worked. When he came back he said it just rode like glass. He was impressed.

Bill

81 - 90 of 90 Posts