GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a link to photos and notes on how I installed Electrical Connection grip heaters on my 2007 Premium Audio.

Standard disclaimer, you're responsible for what you do with the information and I'm not saying it's the best or right way. It's just the way I did it.

Hope it helps someone.

www.tulsawalk.com/goldwing/gripheater

·
Registered
396 Posts
Here's a link to photos and notes on how I installed Electrical Connection grip heaters on my 2007 Premium Audio.

Standard disclaimer, you're responsible for what you do with the information and I'm not saying it's the best or right way. It's just the way I did it.

Hope it helps someone.

www.tulsawalk.com/goldwing/gripheater
I installed mine a couple of weeks ago and used your site...Thanks! EC REALLY needs to update their instructions for newer models that have the power plug near the ignition. I called them 2 or 3 times on a Monday to ask questions, but nobody knew anything about the install. They kept telling me to call back and talk to Lewis. Also, they tell you that you need to buy the extension that moves the power from the left pocket to the right...and you don't need this!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I installed mine last night, your directions were awesome, thank you!!!:bow:

Had to ruin my Kury grips but small price to pay for warm hands. I'm confident based on a search on the subject that Kury's will work fine but does anybody have any other suggestions?

Lastly, one small problem. I lost BOTH of the screws that go on either side of the ignition that fasten the inner skirt, anybody know what size those are so I can find replacements?

·
Registered
396 Posts
I have mine apart right now. If I'm looking at what you need, they are...

5mm
0.8 Pitch
About 18mm long

Now, about 5mm of that 18mm is a shoulder...probably to prevent you from over tightening and cracking plastic.

Hope this helps,
Russ

I installed mine last night, your directions were awesome, thank you!!!:bow:

Had to ruin my Kury grips but small price to pay for warm hands. I'm confident based on a search on the subject that Kury's will work fine but does anybody have any other suggestions?

Lastly, one small problem. I lost BOTH of the screws that go on either side of the ignition that fasten the inner skirt, anybody know what size those are so I can find replacements?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have mine apart right now. If I'm looking at what you need, they are...

5mm
0.8 Pitch
About 18mm long

Now, about 5mm of that 18mm is a shoulder...probably to prevent you from over tightening and cracking plastic.

Hope this helps,
Russ
That helped a bunch, I went to the dealer who couldn't find them on the parts diagram til I gave him that info and voila, there it is. Everything is buttoned up and ready to roll. Thank you!!!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Wanna hear something really funny? I dropped the same screw today!

Found it under the black cover/housing right above the timing cover. Opened it up and the screw fell right out.

Russ

·
Registered
29 Posts
Need some help

seat.
Need some help

Somewhere on this site.
I've seen where we could jerryrigge a connection on a goldwing that would alow the ability to use a Corbin seat and still use the handlebar grips to work when you replace the original seat with a Garmin headed

·
Registered
396 Posts
seat.
Need some help

Somewhere on this site.
I've seen where we could jerryrigge a connection on a goldwing that would alow the ability to use a Corbin seat and still use the handlebar grips to work when you replace the original seat with a Garmin headed
I have never been so lost. Wish I could help you.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you want to have the left grip be the same heat as the right. Go to a commercial elect supply house. Get a piece of commercial grade shrink tubing and slip it over the bare aluminum left bar. As the right side has the plastic throttle to keep it from sucking the heat away up the bare aluminum bar. The commercial Shrink Tubing is almost identical to the throttle plastic, it is hard not soft and will shrink tight with heat. Now both sides will be equal in heat output and the aluminum won't suck it away. I have done this on several bikes and it works awesome!! Goodluck,,Rick
Hmmm.... that's why, and here I thought it was because the left is always coming off the grip to work the clutch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts