GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I very much appreciate the honest opinions given.. on not tuning the unit and spend the money on gas!

I will install the CB in my 08' I'm just a little hesitate as the '08' has Navi and the box the unit would sit in is small. The owners manual/etc was in it. I wonder how it would fit and how to install/wire the unit on the bike as it didn't come with one. Does anyone have and information of vids of how?

Since I pulled the CB from a 04 and placing in my 08, I want to have it tested and tuned. I remember there is an individual home business which repairs/tunes the Wing CB's. Does anyone remember/know the name of the shop?

Thanks again

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
CB repair

Since I pulled the CB from a 04 and placing in my 08, I want to have it tested and tuned. I remember there is an individual home business which repairs/tunes the Wing CB's. Does anyone remember/know the name of the shop?

Thanks
I think Sierra is probably your best bet.

·
Registered
8,302 Posts

·
Registered
19,990 Posts
It would sure be easy money to take products in just to check them and "tune them up", but in reality, you as a customer will likely not see any benefit from it. (Saying things like that is probably why I will never be a millionaire.) :frown2: Do yourself a favor. If the CB worked fine when you took it out of the old bike, just go ahead and install it.

The Honda CB has been extremely reliable over the years. While there are some alignment pots and coils in the unit, the precision tolerances and quality of electronics components that are made today have pretty much eliminated drift. Once they are set at the factory, they will remain that way for the life of the product unless the unit experiences a failure.

The vast majority of problems with the CB are the dreaded CB Error due to dirty connectors on the bike, and water damage when something is spilled in the trunk.

Take the money and spend it on gas instead. I will be here to help if you ever do experience problems.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
It would sure be easy money to take products in just to check them and "tune them up", but in reality, you as a customer will likely not see any benefit from it. (Saying things like that is probably why I will never be a millionaire.) :frown2: Do yourself a favor. If the CB worked fine when you took it out of the old bike, just go ahead and install it.

The Honda CB has been extremely reliable over the years. While there are some alignment pots and coils in the unit, the precision tolerances and quality of electronics components that are made today have pretty much eliminated drift. Once they are set at the factory, they will remain that way for the life of the product unless the unit experiences a failure.

The vast majority of problems with the CB are the dreaded CB Error due to dirty connectors on the bike, and water damage when something is spilled in the trunk.

Take the money and spend it on gas instead. I will be here to help if you ever do experience problems.
You may never get rich but I like your style (tell it like it is). I've not had any dealings with you, however my brother in law sent his radio to you and has nothing but good to say about your work and timely turn around time.

·
Vendor
218 Posts
He is correct, with it running through the stock FM radio, there's not much tuning that can really be done for them. We fix water damage, cut harnesses, burnt finals from defective antennas, but they are all pretty well tuned to stock setting. Get anything turned up too high and you'll get feedback and squealing back through the radio.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts