GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Evening All,

After posting a WTB of a SuperBrace, Leekg replied back and sold me his brace. Searching for install videos on the SuperBrace site, I see that Cruiseman did a great install video.

I installed the brace as the video showed, taking longer for me as I cleaned everything, and went for a ride. Initially, I didn't feel much of a difference. Actually, I didn't know what to expect. I took it up Route 2 outside of North Adams, MA (aka Mohawk Trail) and immediately felt how much better the bike went through the turns as it seemed like less effort was required to maneuver the bike.

With that said, it was certainly worth the time and investment to me.

Vendor
I'm removing one. A DIYr has done 4 OH's on his right front fork with only 8k on the ODM. I think I'm doing the 5th OH and removing the SuperBrace and installing a Traxxion brace that has the adjustment in the middle.

Registered
I'm removing one. A DIYr has done 4 OH's on his right front fork with only 8k on the ODM. I think I'm doing the 5th OH and removing the SuperBrace and installing a Traxxion brace that has the adjustment in the middle.
He has to be doing something wrong. I get that the Kury and Traxxion ones are more adjustable but I've been using a Superbrace since I bought my bike used. The previous owner installed it. I have not had any problems where I have needed to constantly overhaul the forks. I did it once after buying the bike back in late 2014 because of mileage and because I was changing out the springs to Progressive ones. The forks have been fine ever since. I have had to loosen them and retighten them a couple times when removing and reinstalling the front wheel. So far so good...

Vendor
He has to be doing something wrong. I get that the Kury and Traxxion ones are more adjustable but I've been using a Superbrace since I bought my bike used. The previous owner installed it. I have not had any problems where I have needed to constantly overhaul the forks. I did it once after buying the bike back in late 2014 because of mileage and because I was changing out the springs to Progressive ones. The forks have been fine ever since. I have had to loosen them and retighten them a couple times when removing and reinstalling the front wheel. So far so good...
Not everyone is gonna have issues with a non-adjustable brace.

Registered
The OP may be an example of where the product fit the bike. But often the fit is off a little and the forks are either pulled together or spread apart from their natural point of rest, thus the stiction and accelerated parts wear.

The variability is in the motorcycle fork castings, not the brace.

prs

Vendor
The OP may be an example of where the product fit the bike. But often the fit is off a little and the forks are either pulled together or spread apart from their natural point of rest, thus the stiction and accelerated parts wear.

The variability is in the motorcycle fork castings, not the brace.

prs
Also, consider the different tolerances in aftermarket steering heads.

Registered
JJP XX....I have ridden the Mohawk Trail.....and through North Adams.....!!

From Brattleboro we rode south on route 5 through Greenfield, Massachusetts then the Mohawk Trail west to Shelburne Falls to visit the Bridge of Flowers.

Kawasaki Concours Owners Group (COG) Rally

Green Mountain National Rally

Grand Summit Hotel, Mount Snow Resort

West Dover, Vermont

08 鈥 12 August 2011

We rode 900 miles on state roads such as (2, 4, 7, 8, 9, 11, 30, 100, 103, 106, 112 and 131) during the week. There are lots of beautiful scenic views in Vermont.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts